wanna do a poll

Heineken - the best beer

Re: best beer?

The one in your hand at the moment :)

really, what do you mean

Heineken - the best beer

I prefer Becks actually. I'm not saying it's the best beer in the world, but I like it better than Heineken. A real pint of bitter in a brittish pub is hard to beat as well.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes agreed, this Heineken gig was only because I had an icon with Heineken.. I'd rather prefer Czech beer, like Krusovice Imperial, or British stuff like Guinnes. I will look for a new avatar..

Heineken - the best beer

Here is the states, there is not a lot of choices.

Grolsch is my favorite when I want to splurge.

hcgtv wrote:

Here is the states, there is not a lot of choices.

Grolsch is my favorite when I want to splurge.

test smile big_smile:D:D

I like Guinness though wink

I got the hang of Karlovasco when I was in Croatia this spring.
http://www.thebackpacker.net/worldbeers … dbeers.htm

rascal wrote:

Yes agreed, this Heineken gig was only because I had an icon with Heineken.. I'd rather prefer Czech beer, like Krusovice Imperial, or British stuff like Guinnes. I will look for a new avatar..

I thought Guinness was Irish???

I LOVE BEER!!!  Beer, beer, beer, down into my belly. big_smile

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Well, at least Northern Ireland is a part of Britain smile= smile sad? (but of course you are right).

Heineken - the best beer

"We are sorry that you cannot visit Guinness.com, but the laws of your country do not allow you to view our site."

What the?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I get the same. Guess it's time to improvise on ones location  wink

The thing is, advertisement and marketing for alcohol and beer is forbidden in several countries, (including Sweden), and their site is considered as advertisement. This is the reason.

Heineken - the best beer

I like Palm, Hoegaarden, Alfa, Guinness, a few others smile

rascal wrote:

The thing is, advertisement and marketing for alcohol and beer is forbidden in several countries, (including Sweden), and their site is considered as advertisement. This is the reason.

Which is odd because I see alcohol commercials on TV all the time. Not from the Swedish channels though.

Yes but I think they are semi-illegal. Also, in swedish newspapers lately there have been ads for wine, though this really is illegal - the advertisers are pushing the law a bit (and successfully, it seems).

Heineken - the best beer

Beauty is in the <a href="http://www.post.com>eye</a> of the beerholder.

A test

well up to a certain alcohol level is ok ... like 2% or something ...

But eurosport etc have baileys etc. showing in sweden ... and tv3 and those other 'are based in London during advertising' ... so they can show more or less all the ads allowed in the uk big_smile

but ... blocking out sweden is probably a way to make sure they cannot be responsible ...

I've seen whiskey commercials on Eurosport as well (Famous Grouse).

Yea. I like the Smirnoff and Baileys commercials on Discovery. But there are never commercials for wine!?

Heineken - the best beer

Rickard wrote:

"We are sorry that you cannot visit Guinness.com, but the laws of your country do not allow you to view our site."

What the?

Hmmm... are you picking Sweden first or are they looking up your IP Address?

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

I picked Sweden.

Cobra Beer! big_smile

Hmmm.

teststestst

PBR best cheap beer in the world