1 (edited by Ludo 2004-10-14 08:53)

Topic: more details about timezone

Hi,

I noticed that users had problem to choose their time zone.
In my opinion, it would be good to have this "UTC+1 central europe paris madrid Bruxeles " instead of just this" 00GMT" in 1.2
I don't think it's a big problem to include this but it would be appreciable.
If I sumed up, I would tell "adding principal towns regarding the timezone in order to help the user to choose".

You have understood me?

Second request: it would be good by default to have scrollbar color in the css in order it to be simply modifiable in 1.2 I think it's not a big problem to do that.

Ludo

Re: more details about timezone

Ludo wrote:

Second request: it would be good by default to have scrollbar color in the css in order it to be simply modifiable in 1.2 I think it's not a big problem to do that.Ludo

Coloured scrollbars are for IE only and the css doesn't validate. With an XHTML Strict doctype they don't work anyway (not without mangling the css a little).

How can you not know your own timezone?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

How can you not know your own timezone?

It's like that. For me in France, I don't know what I must put.
Regarding profile of my users, I'm not the only one because everybody have left the defaut timezone...

Ludo

Who cares about the timezone?

if mONey is lOSt nOThINg is lOSt,
if cHArACtER is lOSt sOMeTHiNG is lOSt,
bUT,
if rELiGIon and eDUcATiON aRE lOSt eVErYThINg is lOSt.

Ludo wrote:

The timezone in France is CET (Central European Time). That means GMT+1 (or GMT+2 during summertime).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:
Ludo wrote:

The timezone in France is CET (Central European Time). That means GMT+1 (or GMT+2 during summertime).

thanks