Topic: is it possibel to disable menu option

I would like to disable Save, Save As & Print option in the browser while viewing the web pages. Is it possible to do so? I know that we can disable the Rightclick option in the mouse button. but how to disable in the file menu?

any other suggestion...

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Re: is it possibel to disable menu option

you can't and its just annoying for the user so don't, i think you could engineer your css to mess up printed versions if you really wanted too...

The rightclick "disabler" is possible to go around aswell, so it's not a disabler in it's true sense, more like a thing to make it alittle harder, so a CSS that mess up everything like Connorhd said, would probably do about the same in 'disabling' ... remember, everything you can see you can save ... if it requires looking in the cache, disable certain scripts (adblock functions and such can block java and stuff) or something else ... it's really a thing that will make it a bit more work for someone ... but in the end, far from really disable the possibility to save images, or other things.

also its really really annoying when you want to steal a site and you can't right click tongue

If you want to mess up a printed version
* {display:none}

If you really want to piss off people with expensive ink cartridges
* {background-color: red; color: red; border-color: red}

Well, I can understand you guys, but i gonna implement it for my client. This is intaranet project. So they want it to be like this. I can diable the right click here, but dont have idea about disabling "Save As option" If it is for internet, then its okay. Here we are using for intranet pages.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

ok, do you mean to disable the option inside of IE, or just for the webpage? i know its possible in IE, ive done it. for webpages, i doubt its possible

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Gary13579 wrote:

do you mean to disable the option inside of IE, or just for the webpage?

For web pages, what so ever the browser may be, just it should not allow them to copy the pages using "save as" option. I heared that it can be done, but dont know how to do that.

If this is an intranet then it's the job of the network admin to ensure that there is only one type of browser installed and that it is setup correctly. It really isn't the job of the designer to control access like this, it's a network security issue.

But we cannot argue with the client for these reasons, If we have option, we have to work on it. Ofcourse they are using IE, but few of them are having Netscape7 also. but no one should be able to copy. thats the main thing here.

There is always an option like PRINT SCREEN. So don't even bother!

you can mess up the print with CSS and you could possibly mess up or make life alot more difficult for people wanting to save it with some javascript by loading the page through javascript and making the javascript only work when run from the intranet address or something similar (i don't really know much about this)

Can you give me that CSS options, where and how to add it in my stylesheet...

I know we cannot stop them copying, but the thingis we made them difficult to do that. Else they have the option of print screen.. smile