1 (edited by vnpenguin 2004-12-06 11:23)

Topic: punbb 1.1.5 login problem: help please !

Hello all,
We use punbb 1.1.5 for our forum http://vnoss.org/forum/ (hosted at SF.net).
The forum works well until yesterday. Now anyone can not login into forum sad After entering correct password, we see a normal window with message "login ok , redirect the page" ... and  returns to principal page. So user can not login anymore.

SF.net server was upgraded yesterday (php 4.3.9 now), is this the cause of this problem ?

Anyone could give us some help for this problem please !
Whole VNOSS community needs your help !

Thank you so much,

Quy NGUYEN DAI
VNOSS Admin forum.

[no signature]

2 (edited by vnpenguin 2004-12-06 12:39)

Re: punbb 1.1.5 login problem: help please !

just fixed it!!!!
The problem is at
$form_password_hash = pun_hash($form_password);
in login.php.
With OLD PHP => it uses md5(), and now with NEW PHP md5() hash function is not used !!!
So I have to define:
$form_password_hash = md5($form_password);
and it works again smile

[no signature]

Hmm, but that shouldn't be a problem. PunBB checks what kind of hash is stored in the database and if it's an MD5 hash, it replaces it with an SHA1 hash (if SHA1 hashing is available). I just registered in your forums and I was logged in directly after registering, but after logging out and trying again, I am unable to login.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

4 (edited by vnpenguin 2004-12-06 13:26)

Rickard wrote:

Hmm, but that shouldn't be a problem. PunBB checks what kind of hash is stored in the database and if it's an MD5 hash, it replaces it with an SHA1 hash (if SHA1 hashing is available). I just registered in your forums and I was logged in directly after registering, but after logging out and trying again, I am unable to login.

Yes, but now you can login smile  ( I'm not  sure smile )
I'll check code again for this ..

Thanks

[no signature]

Hmm, no. I requested a new password, but I have no idea what the message reads :) Perhaps you can reset my password?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i have same problem, but i am not catch it yet, i thing related to cookie?
i have local copy of my site with another seed number, may i need more test.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

I was about to give it another try, but your site is mind-numbingly slow.

Sorry, Rickard, we are on SF.net smile

[no signature]

vnpenguin wrote:

Sorry, Rickard, we are on SF.net :)

sf.net should do something about that, any forum you visit on their servers is very slow. Makes it almost impossible to follow a thread or even do a simple search.