Topic: I need help

Well I really like forums.  There really cool and these look awsome.  1 Problem for me.   I dont know anything about mysql's and stuff.   Could some1 help me out.  I would be really thankful.  The Punbb forums are really cool.  Can someone please tell me what i need to do to get my little forums starting.   I looked at the free forums but i want one with my personal domaine name.  Not http://myname.punbb.com or whatever.  Pleae help me.

Cows

Re: I need help

you can open a free forum like you've seen at mypunbb.com and then redirect your domain there if you want

first u need to buy a domain and buy a host. then just download the forum, upload it to ur space and install.
sorted!

4 (edited by cows 2004-12-30 22:04)

1. So your saying i can use a free punbb forum that connorhd is using.  By myself a domain and redirect the site and im done???

2. Is there a way that i could host this board without paying some1 to host it for me mark36ph??

also in the free forum hosting does it come with all the features as the other board that u set up manually?  That u download from punbb.org??

go to http://www.mypunbb.com
just register there and you can have your own punbb forum hosted for free by connorhd

www.mypunbb.com comes with all the features you get on the normal version except you cannot edit the files directly, but you can change settings etc

sweet!  One last question.  Can i change skins???

yeh all the default styles are there plus if you make your own you can email it to me to be uploaded

thank you!  You guys are the best!  Happy New Years!

hehe

hey here is anotherquestion lol

at the top you kno how it says login/register/users/home/

is there a way i could make some more of those??

not on mypunbb, that would require creating and editing the files, sorry

what about quoting and bolding and all those.  How can i make links for those?

you try [b] for bold press the Quote button or use [ quote] for quotes etc

no please give me a full tutorial how to set up the real thing
i have all the stuff downloaded  apache mysql and the forum.

now tell me how to set it up so i can do the whole thing.

sorry but i don't have time, you can look for guides on setting up apache, php and mysql on google or use something like www.wampserver.com but your PC has to be on for your site to be seen then...

i lleave my pc on 24-7 lol.  Im using the windows 2000 so it takes forever to start up so i leave it on 24-7  Please help me out though.  Ill do my best but common man.  I'm begging you.  Please help me

have u got a domain and a host??

no not yet but can we skip that part cause that will be easy to do

i dont have a host but how can i host the files from off my computer...  I leave it on 24-7

no you need a domain and host to start with unless you are hosting it on a home server with is not reccommended...

cows, how about this: http://www.ricocheting.com/server/apache.html

When you have it all setup and working, then you can tackle PunBB.

so should i follow the tutorials for mysql and the other ones?

ok im done with apachie and it works. Next?