Topic: bugs under PHP 5

punBB 1.2 desn't work under PHP 5. The $db->prefix is "empty" and pubBB can't make any queries hmm

My site [PHP, Python, Linux]

Re: bugs under PHP 5

i can run it under php5 fine

Most of the recent development was done on a server running php5 and I think this board is running on php5. I'm running test rigs on a local windows server and a remote server both running php5 so you have some other problem.

I run one on PHP5 (Win32) and one on PHP 4.3.10 (Linux) with no problems.

As a few people have already pointed out, PunBB works just fine in PHP5. This forum is running PHP 5.0.3 and I do all my development on PHP5 as well.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

XAMPP 1.4.9a SimplyMEPIS Debian and on PHP5 (5.0.2) it doesn't work, on PHP 4 (4.3.9) works

Then there's some kind of problem with that particular package. People have been running PunBB with PHP5 for some time now.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Are you using mysql or mysqli?

mysql

I had problems compiling PHP 5.0.2. Why not try upgrading to PHP 5.0.3 instead? My installation of PunBB works perfectly fine on the latter version.

since php 5 is still in dev, it would be wise to expect odd errors from version to version.

Currently Reading: State of Fear, by Michael Chriton
Currently Playing: Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (PS2)

PHP Version 5.0.3 on XAMPP 1.4.11 and still pun isn't working

what error do you get? and if its not on turn on debug mode and paste output

Just installed XAMPP 1.4.11 on a Windows XP box and PunBB is working perfectly with php 5. Either this problem is specific to XAMPP on Linux (unlikely) or is a user specific problem (likely).

PHP 5:

File: /opt/lampp/htdocs/html/inne/pun/punbb-1.2/upload/include/cache.php
Line: 84

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch forum config

Database reported:

Bug found - TurckMMCache on: punBB broken, TuckMMCache off: punBB works...
Turck Settings:

extension="mmcache.so"
mmcache.shm_size="16"
mmcache.cache_dir="/opt/lampp/tmp/mmcache"
mmcache.enable="1"
mmcache.optimizer="1"
mmcache.check_mtime="1"
mmcache.debug="0"
mmcache.filter=""
mmcache.shm_max="0"
mmcache.shm_ttl="0"
mmcache.shm_prune_period="0"
mmcache.shm_only="0"
mmcache.compress="1"

Ah, that's good to know. I wonder if anyone will take over the mmcache project. In it's current state it's more or less abandoned and no one seems to know enough about it in order to take over the project. I think APC might turn out well though. I know one of the PHP devs is working on PHP5 compability.

mmcache + punbb on php4 works fine btw (infact better than fine it works really well wink)

only PHP5+MMCache doesn't work, PHP4 works witn MMcache smile