Topic: Punbb.org Downloads Page Looks odd in IE6

Not sure if this classifies as a "bug", but I didn't know where else to post this.

When I view this page in IE6 at work http://punbb.org/downloads.php, there is a big "white space" above the Downloads heading.

At work being the key word here.  The company I work for has custom builds of XP pro that it uses to deploy all PCs that are used by employees,  so I am not sure if this the reason I am having this issue or not.  Would be nice if someone else can verify this for me.

Thanks.

Re: Punbb.org Downloads Page Looks odd in IE6

No issue here. I tested on IE6XP, IE5.5XP, IE5XP and browercammed for Win2000 on those browsers. No white space in sight, at least not until you narrow your browser down to about 550px wide.

Me neither. IE6 on Win2000 at work.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

lol, when I do a help>About Internet Explorer it says right at the bottom "This is a customized version of Internet Explorer".  nuff Said.  I can send a screen cap of what I see if you would like to see it.  I am sure this is an issolated incicent.

Go on then, lets have a look.

ok take a look.

http://www.k3mdigitaldesigns.com/punbb-dl-page.gif

Thats exactly what I thought. Thats a prime example of the way IE6 screws up floats; only it shouldnt happen with the PunBB website. It appears to be a variation on the good old double margin bug. What is really odd is that it doesn't happen to the other pages since they are all the same.

I don't think it worth fixing though because whoever customised IE has clearly screwed up.

Paul,

based on past history here. I would definatly go the route of "they clearly screwed up".  I get JS errors that want to be debugged all the time. (ie almost anything that has a rollover state).  BTW,  Can you point me to some good CSS resource sites that outline all the diff. bugs and hacks?

TY!

CSS Resources: I will put together a list since this is going to be more important and post it in the programming forum. Others can then add to it.

Thanks!