Topic: Help me translate this

I need help translating the following into German, French, Catalan, Hebrew, Russian, Chinese Trad. and Vietnamese.

PHP was unable to save the uploaded file to a temporary location.

Thanks smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

2 (edited by Ludo 2005-01-14 21:06)

Re: Help me translate this

In french it gives something like that:

"la fonction php a été dans l'incapacité d'enregistrer le fichier telechargé dans un emplacement temporaire"

It's so rare I can help you... wink

Ludo,

Mmm... here the catalan translation:

El PHP no ha pogut desar a una ubicació temporal el fitxer pujat.

but I believe that in my language not putting that subject (php) is more correct:

No ha estat possible desar a una ubicació temporal el fitxer pujat.

this sounds like it was unable to save the uploaded file to a temporary location... without the php.
However all two ways are "correct", so you can choose the one you like more (if you don't know, put the second one).
Bye.

Rickard wrote:

I need help translating the following into German, French, Catalan, Hebrew, Russian, Chinese Trad. and Vietnamese.

Thanks smile

In Vietnamese:

PHP không th? l?u t?p tin ?ã t?i lên vào n?i t?m ???c.

[no signature]

Great, thanks. More? smile

simkin: I went with the first one because I want to make it clear that this is a problem with the PHP setup and not PunBB. OK?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

in hebrew smile

???? ????? ????? ?? ????? ??????? ?????? ???? PHP

Yours, Benny.

Rickard wrote:

I went with the first one because I want to make it clear that this is a problem with the PHP setup and not PunBB. OK?

Fine smile

Rickard wrote:

Thanks smile

In German:

PHP konnte die hochgeladene Datei nicht an einem temporären Ort speichern.

der hausmeister

Benny wrote:

in hebrew smile

???? ????? ????? ?? ????? ??????? ?????? ???? PHP

Could you send me that in a text file? When I paste it in the language file, all I get is a bunch of question marks.

Rickard wrote:

Thanks smile

In Russian:

PHP ?? ???? ????????? ???? ?? ????????? ??????????

(literally says "PHP was unable to save the uploaded file in a temporary directory" as "location" just doesn't sound right in Russian smile

Let me know if you insist on it being literate. You'll probably get a bunch of question marks with this one as well, try saving the text file as Unicode.

Hope this helps.

Petrokh: It not being absolutely literal doesn't matter. I'm having problems with your characters as well though. PunBB stores them as numeric character references instaed of regular characters and I have no idea how to convert e.g. &1040; into a character in my text editor smile

12 (edited by Potrokh 2005-01-15 01:49)

Rickard wrote:

PunBB stores them as numeric character references instaed of regular characters and I have no idea how to convert e.g. &1040; into a character in my text editor smile

Rickard,

Well, I am not big on the whole cross-language thing, I actually never have to deal with it smile One editor that I KNOW can handle foreign characters is Dreamweaver (NOT my fave, though smile) But you still have to put charset=windows-1251 for it to display the page correctly.  I'll just email you the text file I guess. Oops, can't seem to find the addy. And no attachments here smile

Ok rickard. i will send you... wait.

Yours, Benny.

http://Punbbheb.webkey.biz/php.txt

Yours, Benny.

15 (edited by zaher 2005-01-15 10:28)

?? ????? PHP  ??? ????? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????

http://dirkey.com/downloads/trans_php-ansi.txt
http://dirkey.com/downloads/trans_php-unicode.txt

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Oh in arabic is pretty nice smile

Yours, Benny.

Benny we are both in RightToLeft  languages wink

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

18 (edited by Benny 2005-01-15 11:38)

yeah and we are close. you from syria and i am from israel not along way but very dangerous to crose the fence
lol are countrys not in peace now...
lol
but i am peace with all wink

Yours, Benny.

19 (edited by kiplantt 2005-01-15 13:55)

In french in Unicode :

Le script PHP n'a pas réussi à enregistrer le fichier téléchargé vers un dossier temporaire.

(Not very different from Ludo but with exotics characters converted.)

[img]http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/icons/error.png[/img] /me speaks French and bad English [img]http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/icons/error.png[/img]

kiplantt: Thanks, but I fixed the character thing myself when I updated the pack smile

what the lanuage packages will be update? if yes tell me to update in my site download page.

Yours, Benny.

I've updated all language packs to include the above message in profile.php. You can download it if you like, but you won't need it until 1.2.1.

Ludo wrote:

In french it gives something like that:

"la fonction php a été dans l'incapacité d'enregistrer le fichier telechargé dans un emplacement temporaire"

It's so rare I can help you... wink

Ludo,

This french sounds a little odd and miss some accents, IMO it would be better with :

PHP n'a pas pu sauvegarder le fichier envoyé dans un répertoire temporaire

so update and i will download the package.

Yours, Benny.

analogue: OK. Updated. Here's how it looks right now:

'No tmp directory' => 'PHP n\'a pas pu sauvegarder le fichier envoyé dans un répertoire temporaire.',

Benny: What do you mean? I have updated the package. You can download it from the downloads page.

Edit: I just saw you posted yet another topic about the pack. Please don't do that. I've downloaded the pack you linked to and added the 'No tmp directory' entry. Please, if you have further updated, e-mail them to me instead of posting about it here.