Topic: Minor presentation "errors" in User profile

I must have viewed this page 100 times and never noticed this until today.

In the profile page (Essentials):

1st legend has "Enter your username and password"  Should read "Username & Password"  since you are not actually "entering" either.

2nd legend has "Enter a valid e-mail address" Should read "Your current email address" or something like that.  Again you are not actually entering anything here. (i.e. form).

3rd legend has "Set your localisation options".  In English its spelled localization.  wink

These are not show stoppers by any means, and I know most people are going to say that it's no big deal. But, IMO when someone gets around to it, it should be corrected.

Thanks.

Re: Minor presentation "errors" in User profile

3rd legend has "Set your localisation options".  In English its spelled localization.

acutally no in american its spelled localization in english its spelt localisation

3 (edited by buzzkill 2005-02-22 21:55)

hmm, my "English", as in the Queen's English dictionary has it as localization, but it does also have it as localisation (dep.)  as in depreciated wink.  Oh well, like I said.  No biggy.

You say colour, I say color, lets just call it a day big_smile.  Can't help but say "colour" with a French accent. lol

Problem is, I can't change any of these without updating all the language packs.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The email field is correct anyway. The only thing you would want to do with that part of the form is change the email in which case you are entering a new address. Or is that just for mods and admins, I can't remember.

Localisation and localization are both correct.

buzzkill wrote:

You say colour, I say color, lets just call it a day big_smile.

I've got a favorite out of those where you say/spell same word different ... "You say tomato, I say fuck you" big_smile ... can't remember the first place I saw it at, but I just find it outstanding big_smile

7 (edited by buzzkill 2005-02-23 04:13)

ok big_smile Go ahead just say it, I am being to picky.

Englishman to an American:

You say tomato, I say tomato. You say potato, I say potato. You say herb and I say herb because there's a fucking h in the beginning of the word.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

LMAO smile  good one.  Here are a couple for you. 

Schedule in English(US) = skedule
Schedule in English(UK) = shedule.  <--- I love that.  I would say it that way but I am afraid Iwould get ripped on by my friends and co-workers.  It just rolls of the tongue so nicely.

and

"Aluminum"

UK = Al-ooo-mini-um <-- Thats sounds cool.
US = Alu-mi-num.

I love accents in general.  Living in NY State there are like 30 or more dialects alone.  From Bronx in NYC to Buffalo in Western NY.  Not to mention being an Italian-American.  Fugetaboutit

funny thing about the word herb.  Its said both ways here (silent H and hard H).  Just depends what part of the country you are in.

You got Aluminium wrong. Most people pronounce it Al-you-mini-um

My least favourite Americanism
"Burglarize". The word is "Burgle" for goodness sake.

It slang though that can really get you into trouble. The English comedian Peter Cook once appeared on a US talk show and said he was never happy unless he had a fag in his mouth.

LMAO......  With the way the US FCC is these days, the network he was on would have been fined for saying that.  Ever since the Janet Jackson "costume malfunction" in the 2003 Season SuperBowl,  The puritan police have been fining everyone.  Just when I thought the media in the US was getting more with the times (i.e. like Europe), they go back to the stoneage.

I have relatives all over the world.  When they come and visit I just love to listen to them talk.  Recently I had a cousin come up for a visit on holdiay from Australia for Christmas.  I said to her, "Your crazy, isn't it summer down there now?"  She just ran outside in the middle of a blizzard and said, "I have never had a white christmas".  I would gladdly put lights on a palm tree and sit in the sand rather than brush my car off every day before I go to work.

this is now offically way off the topic.  hehe.

BTW, Herb is the guy down the street who fixes my car.

Cheers wink