Topic: Where is a good source of css for 1.2??

where is a bunch of css for punbb 1.2 <(i think thats the newest version)  Im using the newest version and i would like some nice css's for it..  Am i going to have to make my own or are there a ton of them somewhere??

Re: Where is a good source of css for 1.2??

not any resource for them YET wink

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

3 (edited by erissiva 2005-02-25 03:58)

Mostly, it's just hit and miss.

Right now, I'm working on a nice, clean white and blue theme based off of a WordPress CSS template I found on Alex King's site.
I forget the name...Like "Summer Breeze" or something....

Although - If we did develop themes and such - where would we post them?

erissiva wrote:

Although - If we did develop themes and such - where would we post them?

If themes grow maybe Rickard will start a themes page on PunBB.org like he does for plugins.

That might be nice.
I'm kind of against all the seperate resource pages that other places have.

I'm all for unification.

I love how everything here is done with CSS.  So clean!

It is truly a beautiful thing.

I mean...It's wonderful how a few small changes (to text decoration or borders) can radically alter the entire site's structure and overall feel.

I still have to say that

input,submit,textarea {
    border: solid 1px
}

is the easiest and prettiest modification to do to a site.

www.punres.org for styles, i know its going to be upgraded to 1.2 soon and allow mod and style uploads

I've actually received more than one e-mail informing me that PunBB style websites are in the making.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

I've actually received more than one e-mail informing me that PunBB style websites are in the making.

NU!!!!

And this begins a chaotic time in the history of punBB styles....
*l*

This is basically what's going on with WordPress. There is no unification and so it all goes down the stinky-hole.
PunRes seems like a good idea. Is it the "official" resource, or third-party?

And to make everybody's life even more complicated, I'm just putting the finishing touches to an improved and steamlined version of the markup and CSS smile. When it will see the light of day is as yet undetermined.

As for where the styles should be located. My vote goes to PunRes. I was going to set up a style site myself but I thought it much better if PunRes dealt with styles as well as mods. That way everything is kept together. I'm going to develop some style packs and will certainly use PunRes for the demos and distribution.

Well, okay...then maybe it won't be so bad. Having punBB resouces on only two main sites can't be too bad...Right?
*ominous music plays*

Just kidding...So, does that mean that the style that I'm working on now is kaput? I mean - How long until the upgrade?
It's just, I don't want to put a little bit of work into it and have it be outdated a week or so afterwards.

erissiva wrote:

Well, okay...then maybe it won't be so bad. Having punBB resouces on only two main sites can't be toobad...Right?
*ominous music plays*

Just kidding...So, does that mean that the style that I'm working on now is kaput? I mean - How long until the upgrade?
It's just, I don't want to put a little bit of work into it and have it be outdated a week or so afterwards.

I have no idea when the next update will be or at what stage markup changes will be put in. I wouldn't worry about your current style. Most of what I've done is remove stuff that is suplus to requirements and wasn't getting used for styling anyway.

I don't think two sites is a problem. If mods and styles were here it would give the impression they were being officially supported which is not the case.

i would also wait and see what the new punres is like, i know Jansson is putting in alot of work to get it good, and make sure it is fully completed at release

We should have a contest.  I think that is how Wordpress got so many nice styles.

t2 wrote:

We should have a contest.  I think that is how Wordpress got so many nice styles.

First prize: a free copy of PunBB 1.2.2 smile

hcgtv wrote:
t2 wrote:

First prize: a free copy of PunBB 1.2.2 smile

*lol*
I win!

The contest could be held to determine a new 'default' style for PunBB.  That'll really get people moving.

nah cos it would never be as good as Oxygen tongue

Connorhd wrote:

la-mayo tongue

Jameslicious wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

la-mayo tongue

Mmmmm...Mayonnaise!
You're right! I never noticed that it looks exactly like a mayonnaise jar!

Jameslicious wrote:

The contest could be held to determine a new 'default' style for PunBB.  That'll really get people moving.

Brilliant idea, sure as hell saves me a lot of work.

Paul wrote:
Jameslicious wrote:

Brilliant idea, sure as hell saves me a lot of work.

Would that be before or after the upcoming changes?
(me holds back on releasing "Breath" theme to public if contest is in the works... big_smile )

I feel all tingly if this is a possibility...

24 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2005-02-26 23:34)

i'll contribute to a style contest if there is to be one.

RULES:
1-MUST BE 100% VALID CSS
2- all entries will be judged by ******  (to be decided)
3-*add you own here*

note: include a good sized(800x600) screenshot of the board index for preview purposes or provide a demo site.

let's get this off the ground here.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

lol well this stinks till someone writies some good code big_smile