Topic: Creative Labs Nomad Zen XTRA Thoughts

I just picked up a 30MB version on this MP3 player based on a friends suggestion.  I really like the fact that its almost 1/2 the price of the Ipod, but the user controls are not the greatest.  Its a little bigger and heavier than the ipod. I would not reccomend this to a person who wants to do physical activities such as jogging.  The weight and bulkiness will become anoying.  Other then that, I like it a lot. 

Anyone else have one of these or another to compare against?

Also, I am looking for a way to record  DVD soundtracks from some concert DVD's that I own.   I need to go from DVD right to MP3.  I have looked around the net, but was not impressed with some of the programs that I found.  Any thoughts?

Thanks....

Re: Creative Labs Nomad Zen XTRA Thoughts

I have an iPod shuffle, but it hardly is up for comparison with what you bought. Nonetheless, I like it a lot. I'm just waiting for Anapod to support it so I can uninstall iTunes. It's utterly useless in Windows.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ew, ipod...

I have a 5gb Rio Carbon. smile

Does the shuffle have a display?  From the picture I have seen it does not look like it does.

No display. Then again, I haven't really missed it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Lucky you. I have a 20 year old Hi-Fi, a rucksack and a car battery.

Paul wrote:

Lucky you. I have a 20 year old Hi-Fi, a rucksack and a car battery.

I've got two turntables and a microphone. big_smile

Actually, I use a NetMD minidisc player. I find it much tastier than an mp3 player for many reasons:

1) Car stereo...
2) Battery life
3) If I want to keep info on a minidisc, I can...Or not...But, I can always increase my collection of minidiscs. It's kind of like expandable memory.

There's more, I'm just bored right now.