Topic: www.punbb.fr

Hello !

Vin100, Xiutecutli and Kiplantt are the investigators of the creation of a french communauty of punbb users. The site is fully fonctionnal and regulary updated with the new version of punbb in the french version (the 1.3 is already alvailable). Many more features are present like traduction of mods. Rickard, are you agree to let them become the official french support of punbb and put a link to punbb.fr at the place of the french forum like you have do with punbb.de, the french communauty is not big and i think that punbb.fr is the best way to organize the knowledges of french punbb users.

Thanks !

Re: www.punbb.fr

Done. I moved the old french forum into the general category and renamed it archive. It will be the resting place for old topics.

Edit: Now, if only someone could do the same for Swedish and Russian, I would be a happy man smile I believe both punbb.ru and punbb.se are available.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Rador8 2009-06-12 19:46)

Rickard wrote:

Done. I moved the old french forum into the general category and renamed it archive. It will be the resting place for old topics.

Edit: Now, if only someone could do the same for Swedish and Russian, I would be a happy man smile I believe both punbb.ru and punbb.se are available.

punbb.be is also available smile but we speak also french, so it's not necessary to create a belgian community...

ps: Why don't you register punbb.net ? I know it's little more money but punbb begin to be very famous. Maybe someone will register it only to make money...

In my opinion this is not a good thing to put french support away.
I visit punbb.org everyday and so if there is question in french, I try to make a reply. If the french support is out of punnbb.org I don't think I will regulary go to punbb.fr. So I won't make any reply.
I think there should always be a french forum in punbb.org. I'm not opposed with punbb.fr. I just think it can be a good complement.
That's just my opinion.

Ludo,

Ludo: The problem is that PunBB, or any other forum software I know of for that matter, doesn't work as well with multiple languages. French isn't really a problem, but e.g. Russian is. Since we're not using UTF-8 (for many reasons), any multibyte text coming from e.g. Internet Explorer ends up as a bunch of HTML character entity references and this breaks search (among other things).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

What might be an idea (if it hasn't already been done) is for the the other language support sites to display an rss feed from this site so people can monitor the activity here.

Also, I want to point out that neither punbb.de nor punbb.fr are "official" in any respect. I choose to link to them from here, but they have no affiliation with PunBB other than the fact that they provide support for PunBB in their respective languages.