1 (edited by CodeXP 2005-03-14 00:05)

Topic: Style feedback wanted, new theme

Lately I've been working on a new PunBB style (I love this stuff big_smile) and I just thought I'd ask what people thought of it. It's not finished yet, but what remains are mainly just a few tweaks here and here...

As with the previous style I posted here, this also uses a few images but the total size of them are just ~5k so it shouldn't slow things down smile

Here's the link: [Style demo]

Updated: The default style on the forum is at the moment a new version of this theme. If you want to change styles, log in with user/pass: test / punbb

Re: Style feedback wanted, new theme

That's really nice. Good job.

FREE web hosting: www.subnixus.com

subigo wrote:

That's really nice. Good job.

Thanks smile Took a while to get everything working as I wanted (damn Internet Explorer and its lack of proper CSS & PNG support mad)..

wow thats nice, and could be very adaptable with different images

Connorhd wrote:

wow thats nice, and could be very adaptable with different images

When I'm done with it, and if people want it, I'll include the original layered images as well smile

Awesome style, I like it, very Mac like.

If you release it, I'll use it on one of my forums.

hcgtv wrote:

Awesome style, I like it, very Mac like.

If you release it, I'll use it on one of my forums.

Happy to hear you liked it smile I will most definatly release it when it's done! I still need to tweak it a little and most importantly; clean up the CSS a little.

Once again, very nice :9

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Nice, but a little "too ..." the good > evil ... the good > the bad ... in english ... which is dark > ... ? !!!

Shame on me smile

the light > the dark?

Rod wrote:

Nice, but a little "too ..." the good > evil ... the good > the bad ... in english ... which is dark > ... ? !!!

Shame on me smile

Huh? *confused*

I didn't quite get that one..

Rods been taking English lessons from Eric Cantona. Translation: it is too pale.

13 (edited by CodeXP 2005-03-13 04:04)

Paul wrote:

Rods been taking English lessons from Eric Cantona. Translation: it is too pale.

lol

Oh well, can't suit everyone wink I don't think there's much to do about that..I want the skin rather bright as I'm not really fond of very dark themes...but I'm open to suggestions on what to change smile

Paul : you are not cool smile

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes your theme is bright ... maybe "too" ... simply smile

I love it, but agree with the "bright issue"...

Perhaps a dark background and some shades of grey to balance it out?

erissiva wrote:

I loveit, but agree with the "bright issue"...

Perhaps a dark background and some shades of grey to balance it out?

I've darkened the background now so let me know what you think? smile I don't really want to add to many grey shades but a darker background should balance it out enough for most people wink

CodeXP wrote:

I've darkened the background now so let me know what you think? smile I don't really want to add to many grey shades but a darker background should balance it out enough for most people wink

Maybe the background color where this is:
TASARINAN.COM
~ Test Forum ~

Which is the outer container can be darkened a little?

I like the flexibilty of the skin, expands and contracts according to browser window.

hcgtv wrote:
CodeXP wrote:

Maybe the background color where this is:
TASARINAN.COM
~ Test Forum ~

Which is the outer container can be darkened a little?

I like the flexibilty of the skin, expands and contracts according to browser window.

Hmm...that may work. Give me a few min. and I'll update it and see smile

Ok, I've updated it again... Let me know if this works hcgtv smile

CodeXP wrote:

That looks better, can we control that via CSS or do we need to also affect images?

hcgtv wrote:
CodeXP wrote:

That looks better, can we control that via CSS or do we need to also affect images?

You'll need to change the images as well, but when I release it I'll also release the original layered images so it should only take a few min. to do smile

The reason for this is the crappy PNG support in Internet Explorer sad

Too white for me : my eyes cry !!!

But if this style is perfect for you, no problem smile

For those of you that thought that the style was to bright...I took the time to create a second version of it smile If want to check it out,
click here and evaluate.

For some reason, I actually like this one better but I'll continue to work on both of them until they're released.

It's 100% different !!! But I know the "problem" in fact : you don't play with contrast, and even the second theme si more readable, you seem to search a "pure" design : but for eyes, it's not the best ... all the problem of the web design is here : make pretty things as you do, but think to people who read too ... a "too bright" layout is nice for 2 or 3 minutes ... but if a user wants read a whole forum, not really "nice" for his eyes smile

Rod wrote:

It's 100% different !!! But I know the "problem" in fact : you don't play with contrast, and even the second theme si more readable, you seem to search a "pure" design : but for eyes, it's not the best ... all the problem of the web design is here : make pretty things as you do, but think to people who read too ... a "too bright" layout is nice for 2 or 3 minutes ... but if a user wants read a whole forum, not really "nice" for his eyes smile

That was a huge problem I faced with my forum.
I usually surf late at night, and the bright hurts my eyes.
But, I decided I didn't want a dark theme.

So, I looked and looked.

*Bam*...It hit me.
Zen.
Balance.
Dark and light in moderation.

BTW, Love the blue.