Topic: Disable logout for admin when in maintenance mode

Stupidly, I wondered what the message would look like when board was in maintenance mode.  So i logged out which was a big mistake, to re-enable the board again I had to manually change the o_maintenance flag to 0 both in the database and /cache. smile

Re: Disable logout for admin when in maintenance mode

not worth it really is it? and theres a script to fix it in the extras folder

3 (edited by SecureStores 2005-10-29 04:30)

This was my first PunBB problem, thank god it's a quick fix.
I can only hope the next version solves this problem. smile

-SecureStores

what problem? Its not a problem with punbb, that people aren't too smart and don't read the instructions.

accidents DO happen Connor, but i do agree that people need to read instructions a bit more than the norm. maybe a warning page to pop up and ask if you are sure you want to log out.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

It's really an easy thing to add so I don't see why not.

7 (edited by Scizzle 2005-11-13 20:59)

It would be a good idea to add it, and we wouldn't get as many complaints about this.

http://www.hack-central.mypunbb.com

^^^Come here and check out my hacking site. You can find all the coolest and latest hacking tools. Guest are not allowed to view the forum to prevent leeches. Btw, I go by the name of Consequence on that site.

Connorhd wrote:

what problem? Its not a problem with punbb, that people aren't too smart and don't read the instructions.

The converse could be true, when developers arn't smart enough to code....

That is a completely pointless statement and not the converse of what i said at all. Furthermore, it doesn't really make any sense.

keldar wrote:

The converse could be true, when developers arn't smart enough to code....

Then no code will be written wink

Either way, Rickard is a smart person from what I've seen of him, and there is some scripts there in the extras forlder for those not able to read some simple instructions ...