Topic: Move Topic: How to set default to do NOT add link from old category?

Friends,

When I move a topic to a different category I'm given the option to create a link from the old category to the new category.   Personally I think the default should be that the check box is NOT checked.   I don't want a forum cluttered with links to other categories and sometimes I forget to un-check this box.  So, I've got two questions:

1)  Is there a way to make this check box default be UNCHECKED?
2)  How do you delete a "this topic has been moved here" link from another category?

Thanks in advance!

Rob Ludlow 
www.Nifty-Stuff.com - Repository of all Stuff Nifty!
www.reviewum.com - Professor Ratings + Teacher Reviews

Re: Move Topic: How to set default to do NOT add link from old category?

1) you would need to edit the code
2) i don't think you can, but since it can't be bumped it will be pushed off the page pretty fast

leaving redirect links is important for people to find the topics they posted

Thanks Connorhd... again, you are always there with the right answers!  smile

Anybody know where to edit the code?  I can't image it being a major change for me, just hard to find.

Rob Ludlow 

moderate.php line 377

<label><input type="checkbox" name="with_redirect" value="1"<?php if ($action == 'single') echo ' checked="checked"' ?> /><?php echo $lang_misc['Leave redirect'] ?><br /></label>

replace with

<label><input type="checkbox" name="with_redirect" value="1" /><?php echo $lang_misc['Leave redirect'] ?><br /></label>

Actually, you can delete the redirect topic if you hit "Moderate forum" in the forum view, check the checkbox and then hit delete at the bottom.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

BEAUTIFUL!   This application gets better and better... I'm so glad I've told all my hosting buddies about it.

Rob Ludlow