Topic: Yet another "I need feedback" topic =)

Guess you people are pretty tired of my "feedback wanted" topics by now? wink

Well, the thing is.. I've just recently set up a blog (wordpress) and I wanted to use PunBB for the forum. After some tweaking of the core files and stylesheets, I got the styles to look pretty much exactly the same on the main page & the forums..

I don't think I actually *need* a forum on a blog that nobody visits, but I installed it just the same. I enjoy making themes/styles, so if I can come up with any excuse, no matter how small, to set up a new site and start all over again I usually end up doing so big_smile

Let me know what you think of this one? Oh, and please keep in mind that this style is intended for a personal site, so it doesn't necessarily have to look "overly professional" wink

Front page (blog)
PunBB forum

Re: Yet another "I need feedback" topic =)

Notice: Undefined variable: kwrds in /home/virtual/site30/fst/var/www/html/subdomains/blog/TFS/inc.stats.php on line 568

Taken from the forum page

almost_there wrote:
Notice: Undefined variable: kwrds in /home/virtual/site30/fst/var/www/html/subdomains/blog/TFS/inc.stats.php on line 568

Taken from the forum page

It should be fixed by now. I just uploaded the wrong file, so the paths for the stats script was wrong.

Love the look!
Good job!

erissiva wrote:

Love the look!
Good job!

Thanks smile

By the way, were you using a CRT monitor while checking out my site? The reason I'm asking is that I haven't had the chance to test in on anything but my LCD. Was just wondering if there was any color that looked out of place/off?

Looking good.
The undefined variable error is still there.
In IE6 the side menu is narrower on the forum index page than the other forum pages.
You have a horizontal scrollbar in Firefox.

Paul wrote:

Looking good.
The undefined variable error is still there.
In IE6 the side menu is narrower on the forum index page than the other forum pages.
You have a horizontal scrollbar in Firefox.

1. Try clearing your cache. I've disabled the error reporting for that PHP include, so no matter how many errors it should generate, none of them should be displayed. There shouldn't be an error though, and the page wouldn't validate if the error message occured, something it does.
2. Strange.. I've tested in both IE6, Opera 7-8 & Firefox and the sidebar is on the pixel exactly the same size (I've actually taken screens and measured in PS wink). Perhaps it only seems that way because of the different lengths.
3. I'm working on that. I have no idea why, because there's nothing that should be able to cause that problem. It does have something to do with the horizontal "bar" I have on the page, because if I shorten it down from 100% to let's say 90%, the problem goes away. I'm starting to suspect a bug in FF relating to absolute positioning, but most likely it's just an error from my side..

Thanks for the feedback! smile

Ok, I just fixed the problem with the h-scrollbar in FF smile Seems like it didn't like the padding I had added...

It looks great, like everything I have seen you do smile

There is one problem that I have with it. I see a little Red and White box in the top right hand corner.. I can barely make out the words.... "Oper.."
Oh no!
*closes the window*

Really, it looks great smile

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Gary13579 wrote:

It looks great, like everything I have seen you do smile

There is one problem that I have with it. I see a little Red and White box in the top right hand corner.. I can barely make out the words.... "Oper.."
Oh no!
*closes the window*

Really, it looks great smile

Thanks! smile It been a while since my last PunBB style project now, I haven't really had the time again until recently. This theme (both the WP & PunBB one) was made yesterday evening.. All in all I think I'm satisfied with the result so far. The only problem is that when it's done, I'll most likely feel the need to start on a new one as well big_smile

I have a couple of older PunBB themes I stopped working on due to time restraints, so perhaps I should just finish them and get them released...

Don't know if anyone ever tested the page in IE6, but I've just had to fix a "minor" annoyance. Apparenly, Internet Explorer have some quirks when it comes to absolute positioning and z-indexing of DIV's. That damn browser actually made it impossible to select text on the pages correctly.
Worked around it now however, and I've also applied some other minor tweaks smile

CodeXP wrote:

Worked around it now however...

seems to be the trademark quote for IE. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:
CodeXP wrote:

Worked around it now however...

seems to be the trademark quote for IE. big_smile

Hehe, yeah... I've encountered my fair share of IE quirks in the short time I've been into web design. I'm just hoping for improvement in the next release, though I'm not expecting much really.