Topic: [release] AP_Forum_cleanup

This plugin is simply to clean up any mess that happens that could be cleaned up by a plugin, the main feature is a spam cleanup that lets you put in 1 or more IP addresses and it deletes all matching users and posts, it also has separate functions to clean up all cached data such as post counts for users, topics, forum and last post data

This mod REQUIRES mysql 4.0.4 or greater to run plus permissions to CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE

Download!

Re: [release] AP_Forum_cleanup

Not Found

The requested URL /download/plugins/AP_Forum_cleanup.zip was not found on this server.

i KNEW you would say that, damnit waiting for rickard to upload tongue

4 (edited by Stork 2005-08-26 01:27)

poor, poor, orphans sad

EDIT: Didn't work very well :\ the users are gone but the posts are still there..

link? are you sure that you put all the IPs in?

And when we cant have this mysql version, how to synchronize topic and forum like we could do it in version 1.1.5 ?

I tried to run the cleanup, but I got the message:

An error was encountered
Error: Creating posts table failed.

May be the reason is that I do not have permissions to create temporary tables. Where I can change the permisiion settings?

Come on, guys! Give me a hint!

Its probably your permissions, if you don't have the permission you need to ask your host/admin to add it for you

Thanks, Connorhd!

This plugin doesn't appear to be doing anything. I can load it up, click the various buttons, I get told the sync is done, and it redirects me.

But then I check and see nothing was updated. For example, I've got one user where his post count is 1, but he's actually got no posts anymore. After I syncronize the user post counts, his still remains as 1.

I don't get any warnings or errors. My error reporting and logs are turned on and working properly (double-checked).

I tried running the SQL query through phpMyAdmin:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS user_posts SELECT poster_id, count(*) as posts FROM posts GROUP BY poster_id;
UPDATE users, user_posts SET num_posts = posts WHERE id = poster_id;

It runs without error, but still doesn't appear to do anything.

PunBB 1.2.11, PHP 4.3.9, MySQL 4.1.7

I know, doesn't give you much to go on. Any ideas?

If the poster has no posts their postcount won't be set to 0 afaik, i'll fix it in the next release sometime.

Okay, thanks. smile

I would stick with deleting the users and checking the option "Delete all posts made by user", before I use the IP function.

Well yeh, but what if that one person registered 10,000 accounts each with 100 posts? which is the kind of thing this is designed to help you clean up.

you see any problems with this & 1.2.12?

Thanks

Why would there be?

better safe than sorry smile

Haven't had it installed before & figured it was worth asking.

Cheers

Edward wrote:

I tried to run the cleanup, but I got the message:

An error was encountered
Error: Creating posts table failed.

May be the reason is that I do not have permissions to create temporary tables. Where I can change the permisiion settings?

I've got exactly the same message,

I'm a moderator and the plugin was install with AMP prefix on the plugins directory by the webmaster
where is the permision setting to change ? in punBB ou in MySQL ?

thx by advance

information : PunBB 1.2.12

The permissions to create a temporary table are for the MySQL user, not for the forum user tongue

could you tell me how i can do that ?

thx

I have no clue, each host has a different way tongue
If you have cPanel or something, it should be a matter of granting the permission through that. If you have root access to the MySQL server, I can give you the command to execute. Otherwise, it's in a control panel from your host somewhere.