Topic: Is there a way to make a list?

Fairly new to PunBB, so I'm not 100% familiar with it. Is there a way to make an unordered list via BBCode?

Example, in phpBB, it's:

[list][*]Item 1
[*]Item 2
[*]Item 3
[*]Item 4
[*]Item 5[/list]

Does something like this exist in PunBB?

2 (edited by snapsolutions 2005-08-28 12:59)

Re: Is there a way to make a list?

Unfortunality no

I believe (though I'm not certain)  that the Extra BBCodes mod has unordered list support.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

4 (edited by Viper007Bond 2005-09-05 09:39)

Yeah, seems it does, but it also adds a bunch of crap I don't want. sad

IMO, PunBB should have this built in. It's not like it really makes it any bulkier (not that it is now) and I think most people would benefit from it.

Viper007Bond wrote:

Yeah, seems it does, but it also adds a bunch of crap I don't want. sad

I'll have to agree with you on that. There should be instructions included with the mod to help you only get codes you want.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Hm.
I find it terribly easy to modify this mod.
n the header it explains which tag does what, so all you have to do is remove the ones you hate from the code that's to go into parser.php.
Should be done in minutes...

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Thanks. I thought it would be something like that, but didn't have time/was too lazy to look.

Viper007Bond wrote:

IMO, PunBB should have this built in. It's not like it really makes it any bulkier (not that it is now) and I think most people would benefit from it.

I've considered it myself. The problem isn't that it will require the addition of a lot of code, but that it will require more regular expressions to be run while building the pages. More regular expressions means it will take longer and take up more of the servers precious time. We'll see.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, rather than running regex (takes time as you know) on all posts, perhaps a test using stristr() to see if [list] is in the post first. That should avoid having to run regex without a need to.

Yes, that's what I usually do, but I'm beginning to fear I'm running too many strpos() as it is. I will need to do some profiling before I make up my mind.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ah, good. Not all people think to do that. smile And yeah, strpos is faster than stristr. /me forgot

Anyway, keep up the awesome work. smile

with the textile mod you can make
# bla
# next point
# last

Yes, unordered and ordered lists would be great smile
I'd like h1, h2, h3 as well...

Charles.

calande wrote:

Yes, unordered and ordered lists would be great smile
I'd like h1, h2, h3 as well...

I don't know of any mod that adds support for header tags, but you can get ordered / unordered lists through the list BBCode mod.

H1, H2 and H3 are out. The post is an h2 and the topic title within a post an h3. Any headers within post bodies would therefore have to start at h4 otherwise you make a mess of the heading structure.