Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Next person to post a feature request in here gets banned for week.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

We can't ask for PunBB 1.3 to make real coffee and deliver little muffins with it anymore ? Pschuiiiii....

53

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Jérémie wrote:

We can't ask for PunBB 1.3 to make real coffee and deliver little muffins with it anymore ? Pschuiiiii....

now that would be a nice forum software.

now my question:
is there any change in the style of v1.3, like the change from v1.1 to v1.2

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Jérémie wrote:

We can't ask for PunBB 1.3 to make real coffee and deliver little muffins with it anymore ? Pschuiiiii....

Sure, as an extension smile

Gizzmo wrote:

now my question:
is there any change in the style of v1.3, like the change from v1.1 to v1.2

I'm gonna let Paul answer that question.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

55

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Admin translation interface! Be awsome!

Yours, Benny.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Since 1.3 is gonna have translated admin interface is it possible to have a preview of the language file so we can start to translate? (if it's ready of course)

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

http://dev.punbb.org/file/branches/punb … /admin.php
But like the revision says

Add admin.php to English language pack. This is the language file for the admin console which is now capable of translation. The following admin files have not yet been including in the langauge file:

- admin_options.php
- admin_index.php
- admin_users.php

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize

58

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

It sounds like a nice update.  PunBB is the only forum software I use (unless I need the extra 2MB) because it is simple.  I install the mods and such to get polls and the PM, but really it is better without them.  Plus PunBB has the best markup I've seen.

I know this isn't for request, but I think that PunBB should be served as application/xhtml+xml, because it would be the first.  I have a script for this, which also in the event that the page doesn't validate, it will default back to text/html.  I'd be happy to donate it, as I'd like to see PunBB be the first forum with real XHTML.

59 (edited by Razmooze 2005-11-18 17:24)

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

I might be mistaken, but I've heard Rickard's going to change the user group system so that users can be members of more than one user groups. Did not see this on the feature list, so I'm curious of whether this is true. Is it?

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this post.
However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience.

60

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Ethan wrote:

I know this isn't for request, but I think that PunBB should be served as application/xhtml+xml, because it would be the first.  I have a script for this, which also in the event that the page doesn't validate, it will default back to text/html.  I'd be happy to donate it, as I'd like to see PunBB be the first forum with real XHTML.

Could you post a link for the script or email it me please. I'm not of the opinion that PunBB should be served as application/xhtml+xml by default but I would rather like it to be capable of being served as xml without people having to edit anything. I need a content negotiation script for testing as I don't have time to knock one out.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Does 1.3 use the same database structure?

sounds stupid I know but if I install 1.2.10 when/if 1.3 drops can I just replace the files?

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

There probably would be some changes, but that's why there's an update script wink

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize

63

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

This isn't a feature request, just a logic request.

I use PunBB to feed over articles from my blog, this is working rather well. One thing I can do on my blog is to enter a future date, this lets me enter content the night before and let it appear the next day.

With the PunBB integration, any future articles appear as soon as I enter them on the forum. I know that PunBB wasn't meant to work this way or for that matter most forums, but it would be a nice logical feature to be able to enter future posts or at least for posts with future dates not to appear until the date/time is reached.

There could be other uses for this, like using PunBB as a frontend for a news site or for advertisement forums, etc.

Hey, it's worth pondering.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

I will look into it. I'm just afraid of adding more conditions to the queries.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

65

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Rickard wrote:
Gizzmo wrote:

now my question:
is there any change in the style of v1.3, like the change from v1.1 to v1.2

I'm gonna let Paul answer that question.

Paul?

66

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Rickard wrote:

I will look into it. I'm just afraid of adding more conditions to the queries.

Thanks, just thought I'd ask.

67

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Gizzmo wrote:
Rickard wrote:
Gizzmo wrote:

now my question:
is there any change in the style of v1.3, like the change from v1.1 to v1.2

I'm gonna let Paul answer that question.

Paul?

If by style you mean the way it looks, not much, at least not with the current stylesheet set. If you mean changes to the stylesheet, yes, lots.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

hcgtv wrote:

With the PunBB integration, any future articles appear as soon as I enter them on the forum. I know that PunBB wasn't meant to work this way or for that matter most forums, but it would be a nice logical feature to be able to enter future posts or at least for posts with future dates not to appear until the date/time is reached.

This is somewhat limiting because you would have to have cron jobs on your server but here is a thought on an extension/mod..

1. Specify in the admin area the future date, the forum, the topic title, and the topic content and store that with the usename of the mod doing it into a newly created table.
2. Write an external file that reads that table, grabs anything that is the current date, and puts it into the forum as a new post.
3. Run that external file with a cron every night a few min after midnight.

Would this solve your future date problem or am I completely misreading your statement?

69

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

andrewteg wrote:

Would this solve your future date problem or am I completely misreading your statement?

My thinking is along the lines of how a CMS or Blog handles future posts, you can enter them but they won't be displayed until the time is reached.

This would allow you to use PunBB for something like Classified ad forums, Garage Sales, etc.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

Hello,

When will punBB 1.3 be released?

I just don't want to install 1.2.x and modify it so much :-)

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

krauz2k wrote:

Hello,

When will punBB 1.3 be released?

I just don't want to install 1.2.x and modify it so much :-)

In the future. wink

As far as I know, there is no ETA for 1.3 at the moment.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

And what about messages deleting's error?

Oh, excuse me for my English, i'm from Russia...

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

What error?

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

When i delete a message the ID of the others don't change and other messages don't show... It's really bad!!! sad
---------------------------
Oh, excuse me for my English, i from Russia... wink

Oh, excuse me for my English, i'm from Russia...

Re: What is planned for PunBB 1.3 then?

I'm confused on two things:
- What your posts have to do with this topic
- What issue you're having tongue

http://fluxbb.org

Free PunBB Hosting - lots of mods, easy to customize