1 (edited by livatlantis 2005-10-14 10:24)

Topic: Layout of a forum, how do I modify 'x'?

Hey all,

Here's my new PunBB installation with "PowerofMetal" theme (my theme, a modification of Sulpher). I've discussed with Rickard about the copyright, by the way.

http://www.powerofmetal.net/forum/

While I've done some modification, thanks to well-commented CSS, I still have some things I haven't figured out. I'd appreciate your help with these: smile

1) How can I decrease the length of the user info area in posts? Posts like this (http://www.powerofmetal.net/forum/viewt … p?pid=5#p5) look strange because that area at the left is too wide.

3) How do I get the category names to be bold. They're blue, but I want them to be bold as well (in stardard PunBB CSS document).

3) I want a <br> in the forum tree (Index » Forum » Post) before the post name. Where can I find the code to do this?

And thanks! I've found that the PunBB user community is really helpful!

Parimal Satyal - Powermetal from Nepal

Re: Layout of a forum, how do I modify 'x'?

3)
find this:

<div class="linkst">
        <div class="inbox">
                <p class="pagelink conl"><?php echo $paging_links ?></p>
                <p class="postlink conr"><?php echo $post_link ?></p>
                <ul><li><a href="index.php"><?php echo $lang_common['Index'] ?></a></li><li> » <a href="viewforum.php?id=<?php echo $cur_topic['forum_id'] ?>"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['forum_name']) ?></a></li><li> » <?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']) ?></li></ul>
                <div class="clearer"></div>
        </div>
</div>

change it to:

<div class="linkst">
        <div class="inbox">
                <p class="pagelink conl"><?php echo $paging_links ?></p>
                <p class="postlink conr"><?php echo $post_link ?></p>
                <ul><li><a href="index.php"><?php echo $lang_common['Index'] ?></a></li><li> » <a href="viewforum.php?id=<?php echo $cur_topic['forum_id'] ?>"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['forum_name']) ?></a></li><br /><li><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']) ?></li></ul>
                <div class="clearer"></div>
        </div>
</div>
Hm... every pixel has it's own destiny

1) for what? it's usefull... later you can put under username suck information, as icq, jabber, other messangers, ftp for example etc.
2) where? on what page? just put it in the <strong> tag, or add 2css smth like "font-weight: bold"

Hm... every pixel has it's own destiny

1) I don't think I want to add those information just yet, so a narrower userdetails area is good.

2) For the bold, I do indeed want to use CSS. But I believe there's already a CSS property for that element, I just want to know which, so that I can make it bold.

3) Thanks! smile But which file do I edit?

Parimal Satyal - Powermetal from Nepal