Topic: Could admins have a "user mode"?

In Coppermine Gallery, there is an option for admins to go into "user mode". This allows you to see how the site works when viewed as a regular user, instead of having all the admin-options open.

In punbb, the forum appears much different as an admin, so sometimes when I'm asked questions it's hard to answer, cause it's working fine for me as admin.. but perhaps there is a problem for normal users.

So far I've just created another user for myself, like a test-pilot. But it would be a great addition to the forum to allow admins to enter "user mode".

Re: Could admins have a "user mode"?

its alot of effort, and not really worth it, i mean the forums aren't that different as admin, and it would add an extra thing to every admin check. Especially since as you said its not hard to make a test user wink

Connor: It wouldn't be hard as a mod tongue
Click a button to enable user mode. This sets a cookie on your comp. the check_cookie function checks for the cookie, and if it's there you are given the member usergroup. It also gives you a link to remove the cookie, which will mean you go back to whatever your group is normally.

i guess, tongue i didn't think of just changing that variable tongue