1 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-11-17 05:28)

Topic: Calendar Mod

this is the first release of my calendar script, this will add a calendar that will alow you to view the topics made on the said day

this is realy only a good mod for thoes who have a popular froums and post made everday.

Download
Live Demo

(No screenshots anymore)

Re: Calendar Mod

Nice mod, one suggestion: Change the color of a day if it has no posts and if you don't create a link to en empty date then your link colors would be sufficient.

i dont do any querys on the main calendar part, and im kinda stuck on how to do that cuz my only idea would do a query for each day in the month and i dont need 30 querys for that page.

awsome man.
i think there should be an option where you can add events to special days too smile

theres got to be a way to make it show how many posts on each day or something in the month view

btw, maybe gray out future days?

7 (edited by cherry1499 2004-09-18 13:04)

hi, nice Mod.
But i have a problem with it.  big_smile

I have already a calender (a free version and out of punbb).

So i use a table and rows ....
Table: Veranstalltungen
Raws: id,username,stamp,subject and description

My User have already use the calender, so i dont could change the calender.

It is possible to user your calender, with my tables? I know, u take the punbb tables, but perhaps its possible ...  ?????

Greetings
Michaela

you could probably add a query to your current calendar.. but i dunno what calendar you use and i haven't looked how this calendar works (although i assume its pretty simple)

sweet!

time to install, great, another mod....

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

thanx, im still new at moding and php, so it might not be as good as it could be.

my suggestion is
remove the links on the actual date numbers on the calendar and below the date use a query to find the number of posts and number of new topics and have a link to show the posts and a link to show the topics of that day

good idea but woudnt that involve doin a query for each day?

i still like my idea, i would totaly use this mod if it had just that feature smile

yea your idea is nice too, i should make a todo list

pen wrote:

i still like my idea, i would totaly use this mod if it had just that feature smile

well if you join that with my idea you could have an extra sql table (events) and below each day also have ... events as well as ... new topics and ... posts.

Gizzmo: maybe you could do one query and use some sort of while statement to work out totals for each day

another suggestion you could have a ... new members as well wink and maybe a birthday option in the profile (lots of phpbb stuff on this)

One solution is to cache the data instead of querying it for each day (at least cache the last month or something).

i suppose as days that have passed cannot have new posts it would be pretty simple to cache it

i wouldnt mind an extra sql table, it would probably make things easyer for gizzmo too smile

well the extra sql table would only be for calendar events the rest of it can be queried from the other tables

i wouldnt know, im totaly tarded when it comes to code/sql
but it sounds like a plan

lol poor gizzmo, wanted to make a simple mod and gets bombarded with requests

haha, yeah, but its his fault for having a good idea smile
in worst case secenario he can probably get help from you guys smile

yeh i was thinking about writing the code to make some of my suggestions work, then i thought nah i'll just be lazy

i dont realy mind doin all this but im not good with php and sql so it will take a long time, and when i started this i wanted some project to do and i guess im stuck with it.

my bigest problem is getin the counted "said events" on the main calendar section. thats where im stuck

Great stuff gizzmo! i likes it...

Just wondering though, does it use the user's timezone (as configured in the profile), or the server timezone?  It would be good if it used the users's one...

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com