Follow these instructions to migrate the PunBB forum from one server to another.
- Prepare a web environment on the new server.
- Make a backup of the PunBB web directory. It can be done via the .tar utility or any other which your hoster allows.
- Make a backup of your DB. It can be done via the mysqldump or phpmyadmin utility.
- Copy a backup of the web directory and DB to the new server via ftp or scp.
- Restore the DB backup on the new server.
- Create a mysql user on the new server. Get a username and password in the config.php file of your forum.
- Restore forum files from the backup in the web directory of the new server.
- After restoring the files, verify that the web server has permissions to write to the following directories: cache, img/avatars and extensions (for pun_repository).
- Clear the cache directory.