Re: UserStats 1.0

now its showing the error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ';' in /home/mytechno/public_html/voice/include/functions.php on line 1109

Don't know then.
Are you sure you did everything in the right place?
It is absolutely impossible to see for me.
My suggestion is that you install both mods separately to see if they both work.
Only if the do you try to merge them.

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

even if my forum is newest, it wrotes

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.15) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2.5

54 (edited by Tobi 2007-09-06 14:19)

You have to add the version to line 12 in install_mod.php

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

done

56 (edited by erik98 2007-09-06 14:28)

where can i get to stats?
because ive done, i also copied AP_User_statistics.php in /var/www/punbb/
but when I access it i have empty page.
also, i've got only "example" plugin so where can I access to that mod

also, when i relogin it writes

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to insert into user statistics.

You have to copy the file into your plugins folder.

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

58 (edited by erik98 2007-09-06 14:35)

It just works big_smile

Edit (y to j)

category "most read topics"

Unable to fetch topic information. Maybe you have no corresponding entries in your database.

erik98 wrote:

category "most read topics"

Unable to fetch topic information. Maybe you have no corresponding entries in your database.

Please enable debug mode and paste the full error.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Not necessary I think.
It's just what the message says:
You can not expect to find stats 2 minutes after installation wink

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Tobi wrote:

Not necessary I think.

Ah, that makes sense. big_smile

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

63 (edited by erik98 2007-09-07 12:01)

pogenwurst wrote:
Tobi wrote:

Not necessary I think.

Ah, that makes sense. big_smile

yes, but i installed it and i read same topic 10X (for test)  and it didn't say anythink

erik98 wrote:

where can i get to stats?
because ive done, i also copied AP_User_statistics.php in /var/www/punbb/
but when I access it i have empty page.
also, i've got only "example" plugin so where can I access to that mod

also, when i relogin it writes

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to insert into user statistics.

that writes when i always login and I visit one topic (test if  function "wiev topic user viewed") and it writes:

This user has not seen any topics
Back

:-(

Well, if it gives you this error then for sure something is wrong.
This error occurs in your modified function.php around line 76.
For testing, you could add the complete statement into the error message like this:

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'statuser (user_id, user_ip) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].',\''.$db->escape(get_remote_address()).'\')') or error('Unable to insert into user statistics, statement was: INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'statuser (user_id, user_ip) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].',\''.$db->escape(get_remote_address()).'\')', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

This will show you what the database was supposed to do.
If you don't see what's wrong post it here, maybe it tells me something.

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

copy-paste of whole function.php:

<?php
/***********************************************************************

Copyright (C) 2002-2005  Rickard Andersson (rickard@punbb.org)

This file is part of PunBB.

PunBB is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
  by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
  or (at your option) any later version.

PunBB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
  WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston,
  MA  02111-1307  USA

************************************************************************/

//
// Cookie stuff!
//
function check_cookie(&$pun_user)
{
    global $db, $db_type, $pun_config, $cookie_name, $cookie_seed;

$now = time();
    $expire = $now + 31536000;    // The cookie expires after a year

// We assume it's a guest
    $cookie = array('user_id' => 1, 'password_hash' => 'Guest');

// If a cookie is set, we get the user_id and password hash from it
    if (isset($_COOKIE[$cookie_name]))
        list($cookie['user_id'], $cookie['password_hash']) = @unserialize($_COOKIE[$cookie_name]);

if ($cookie['user_id'] > 1)
    {
        // Check if there's a user with the user ID and password hash from the cookie
        $result = $db->query('SELECT u.*, g.*, o.logged, o.idle FROM '.$db->prefix.'users AS u INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'groups AS g ON u.group_id=g.g_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'online AS o ON o.user_id=u.id WHERE u.id='.intval($cookie['user_id'])) or error('Unable to fetch user information', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
        $pun_user = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

// If user authorisation failed
        if (!isset($pun_user['id']) || md5($cookie_seed.$pun_user['password']) !== $cookie['password_hash'])
        {
            pun_setcookie(0, random_pass(8), $expire);
            set_default_user();

return;
        }

// Set a default language if the user selected language no longer exists
        if (!@file_exists(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language']))
            $pun_user['language'] = $pun_config['o_default_lang'];

// Set a default style if the user selected style no longer exists
        if (!@file_exists(PUN_ROOT.'style/'.$pun_user['style'].'.css'))
            $pun_user['style'] = $pun_config['o_default_style'];

if (!$pun_user['disp_topics'])
            $pun_user['disp_topics'] = $pun_config['o_disp_topics_default'];
        if (!$pun_user['disp_posts'])
            $pun_user['disp_posts'] = $pun_config['o_disp_posts_default'];

if ($pun_user['save_pass'] == '0')
            $expire = 0;

// Define this if you want this visit to affect the online list and the users last visit data
        if (!defined('PUN_QUIET_VISIT'))
        {
            // Update the online list

// MOD USERSTATS CHANGE

if (!$pun_user['logged'])  {

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'online (user_id, ident, logged) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].', \''.$db->escape($pun_user['username']).'\', '.$now.')') or error('Unable to insert into online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

$db->query('INSERT INTO'.$db->prefix.'statuser (user_id, user_ip) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].','.$db->escape(get_remote_address()).')') or error('Unable to insert into user statistics', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

}

// END MOD USERSTATS CHANGE
                $pun_user['logged'] = $now;

// With MySQL/MySQLi, REPLACE INTO avoids a user having two rows in the online table
                switch ($db_type)
                {
                    case 'mysql':
                    case 'mysqli':
                        $db->query('REPLACE INTO '.$db->prefix.'online (user_id, ident, logged) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].', \''.$db->escape($pun_user['username']).'\', '.$pun_user['logged'].')') or error('Unable to insert into online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                        break;

default:
                        $db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'online (user_id, ident, logged) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].', \''.$db->escape($pun_user['username']).'\', '.$pun_user['logged'].')') or error('Unable to insert into online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                        break;
                }
            }
            else
            {
                // Special case: We've timed out, but no other user has browsed the forums since we timed out
                if ($pun_user['logged'] < ($now-$pun_config['o_timeout_visit']))
                {
                    $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users SET last_visit='.$pun_user['logged'].' WHERE id='.$pun_user['id']) or error('Unable to update user visit data', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                    $pun_user['last_visit'] = $pun_user['logged'];
                }

// MOD USERSTATS CHANGE

if ($pun_user['idle'] == 1)  {

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'statuser (user_id, user_ip) VALUES('.$pun_user['id'].',"'.$db->escape(get_remote_address()).'")') or error('Could not insert into statistics', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

}

// END MOD USERSTATS CHANGE

}

$pun_user['is_guest'] = false;
    }
    else
        set_default_user();
}

//
// Fill $pun_user with default values (for guests)
//
function set_default_user()
{
    global $db, $db_type, $pun_user, $pun_config;

$remote_addr = get_remote_address();

// Fetch guest user
    $result = $db->query('SELECT u.*, g.*, o.logged FROM '.$db->prefix.'users AS u INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'groups AS g ON u.group_id=g.g_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'online AS o ON o.ident=\''.$remote_addr.'\' WHERE u.id=1') or error('Unable to fetch guest information', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    if (!$db->num_rows($result))
        exit('Unable to fetch guest information. The table \''.$db->prefix.'users\' must contain an entry with id = 1 that represents anonymous users.');

$pun_user = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

// Update online list
    if (!$pun_user['logged'])
    {
        $pun_user['logged'] = time();

// With MySQL/MySQLi, REPLACE INTO avoids a user having two rows in the online table
        switch ($db_type)
        {
            case 'mysql':
            case 'mysqli':
                $db->query('REPLACE INTO '.$db->prefix.'online (user_id, ident, logged) VALUES(1, \''.$db->escape($remote_addr).'\', '.$pun_user['logged'].')') or error('Unable to insert into online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                break;

default:
                $db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'online (user_id, ident, logged) VALUES(1, \''.$db->escape($remote_addr).'\', '.$pun_user['logged'].')') or error('Unable to insert into online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                break;
        }
    }
    else
        $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'online SET logged='.time().' WHERE ident=\''.$db->escape($remote_addr).'\'') or error('Unable to update online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

$pun_user['disp_topics'] = $pun_config['o_disp_topics_default'];
    $pun_user['disp_posts'] = $pun_config['o_disp_posts_default'];
    $pun_user['timezone'] = $pun_config['o_server_timezone'];
    $pun_user['language'] = $pun_config['o_default_lang'];
    $pun_user['style'] = $pun_config['o_default_style'];
    $pun_user['is_guest'] = true;
}

//
// Set a cookie, PunBB style!
//
function pun_setcookie($user_id, $password_hash, $expire)
{
    global $cookie_name, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure, $cookie_seed;

// Enable sending of a P3P header by removing // from the following line (try this if login is failing in IE6)
//    @header('P3P: CP="CUR ADM"');

if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.2.0', '>='))
        setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($user_id, md5($cookie_seed.$password_hash))), $expire, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure, true);
    else
        setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($user_id, md5($cookie_seed.$password_hash))), $expire, $cookie_path.'; HttpOnly', $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure);
}

//
// Check whether the connecting user is banned (and delete any expired bans while we're at it)
//
function check_bans()
{
    global $db, $pun_config, $lang_common, $pun_user, $pun_bans;

// Admins aren't affected
    if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN || !$pun_bans)
        return;

// Add a dot at the end of the IP address to prevent banned address 192.168.0.5 from matching e.g. 192.168.0.50
    $user_ip = get_remote_address().'.';
    $bans_altered = false;

foreach ($pun_bans as $cur_ban)
    {
        // Has this ban expired?
        if ($cur_ban['expire'] != '' && $cur_ban['expire'] <= time())
        {
            $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'bans WHERE id='.$cur_ban['id']) or error('Unable to delete expired ban', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
            $bans_altered = true;
            continue;
        }

if ($cur_ban['username'] != '' && !strcasecmp($pun_user['username'], $cur_ban['username']))
        {
            $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE ident=\''.$db->escape($pun_user['username']).'\'') or error('Unable to delete from online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
            message($lang_common['Ban message'].' '.(($cur_ban['expire'] != '') ? $lang_common['Ban message 2'].' '.strtolower(format_time($cur_ban['expire'], true)).'. ' : '').(($cur_ban['message'] != '') ? $lang_common['Ban message 3'].'<br /><br /><strong>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_ban['message']).'</strong><br /><br />' : '<br /><br />').$lang_common['Ban message 4'].' <a href="mailto:'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'">'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'</a>.', true);
        }

if ($cur_ban['ip'] != '')
        {
            $cur_ban_ips = explode(' ', $cur_ban['ip']);

for ($i = 0; $i < count($cur_ban_ips); ++$i)
            {
                $cur_ban_ips[$i] = $cur_ban_ips[$i].'.';

if (substr($user_ip, 0, strlen($cur_ban_ips[$i])) == $cur_ban_ips[$i])
                {
                    $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE ident=\''.$db->escape($pun_user['username']).'\'') or error('Unable to delete from online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                    message($lang_common['Ban message'].' '.(($cur_ban['expire'] != '') ? $lang_common['Ban message 2'].' '.strtolower(format_time($cur_ban['expire'], true)).'. ' : '').(($cur_ban['message'] != '') ? $lang_common['Ban message 3'].'<br /><br /><strong>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_ban['message']).'</strong><br /><br />' : '<br /><br />').$lang_common['Ban message 4'].' <a href="mailto:'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'">'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'</a>.', true);
                }
            }
        }
    }

// If we removed any expired bans during our run-through, we need to regenerate the bans cache
    if ($bans_altered)
    {
        require_once PUN_ROOT.'include/cache.php';
        generate_bans_cache();
    }
}

//
// Update "Users online"
//
function update_users_online()
{
    global $db, $pun_config, $pun_user;

$now = time();

// Fetch all online list entries that are older than "o_timeout_online"
    $result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE logged<'.($now-$pun_config['o_timeout_online'])) or error('Unable to fetch old entries from online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    while ($cur_user = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
    {
        // If the entry is a guest, delete it
        if ($cur_user['user_id'] == '1')
            $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE ident=\''.$db->escape($cur_user['ident']).'\'') or error('Unable to delete from online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
        else
        {
            // If the entry is older than "o_timeout_visit", update last_visit for the user in question, then delete him/her from the online list
            if ($cur_user['logged'] < ($now-$pun_config['o_timeout_visit']))
            {
                $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users SET last_visit='.$cur_user['logged'].' WHERE id='.$cur_user['user_id']) or error('Unable to update user visit data', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
                $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE user_id='.$cur_user['user_id']) or error('Unable to delete from online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
            }
            else if ($cur_user['idle'] == '0')
                $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'online SET idle=1 WHERE user_id='.$cur_user['user_id']) or error('Unable to insert into online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
        }
    }
}

//
// Generate the "navigator" that appears at the top of every page
//
function generate_navlinks()
{
    global $pun_config, $lang_common, $pun_user;

// Index and Userlist should always be displayed
    $links[] = '<li id="navindex"><a href="index.php">'.$lang_common['Index'].'</a>';
    $links[] = '<li id="navuserlist"><a href="userlist.php">'.$lang_common['User list'].'</a>';

if ($pun_config['o_rules'] == '1')
        $links[] = '<li id="navrules"><a href="misc.php?action=rules">'.$lang_common['Rules'].'</a>';

if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
    {
        if ($pun_user['g_search'] == '1')
            $links[] = '<li id="navsearch"><a href="search.php">'.$lang_common['Search'].'</a>';

$links[] = '<li id="navregister"><a href="register.php">'.$lang_common['Register'].'</a>';
        $links[] = '<li id="navlogin"><a href="login.php">'.$lang_common['Login'].'</a>';

$info = $lang_common['Not logged in'];
    }
    else
    {
        if ($pun_user['g_id'] > PUN_MOD)
        {
            if ($pun_user['g_search'] == '1')
                $links[] = '<li id="navsearch"><a href="search.php">'.$lang_common['Search'].'</a>';

$links[] = '<li id="navprofile"><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Profile'].'</a>';
            $links[] = '<li id="navlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a>';
        }
        else
        {
            $links[] = '<li id="navprofile"><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Profile'].'</a>';
            $links[] = '<li id="navadmin"><a href="admin_index.php">'.$lang_common['Admin'].'</a>';
            $links[] = '<li id="navlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a>';
        }
    }

// Are there any additional navlinks we should insert into the array before imploding it?
    if ($pun_config['o_additional_navlinks'] != '')
    {
        if (preg_match_all('#([0-9]+)\s*=\s*(.*?)\n#s', $pun_config['o_additional_navlinks']."\n", $extra_links))
        {
            // Insert any additional links into the $links array (at the correct index)
            for ($i = 0; $i < count($extra_links[1]); ++$i)
                array_splice($links, $extra_links[1][$i], 0, array('<li id="navextra'.($i + 1).'">'.$extra_links[2][$i]));
        }
    }

return '<ul>'."\n\t\t\t\t".implode($lang_common['Link separator'].'</li>'."\n\t\t\t\t", $links).'</li>'."\n\t\t\t".'</ul>';
}

//
// Display the profile navigation menu
//
function generate_profile_menu($page = '')
{
    global $lang_profile, $pun_config, $pun_user, $id;

?>
<div id="profile" class="block2col">
    <div class="blockmenu">
        <h2><span><?php echo $lang_profile['Profile menu'] ?></span></h2>
        <div class="box">
            <div class="inbox">
                <ul>
                    <li<?php if ($page == 'essentials') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=essentials&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section essentials'] ?></a></li>
                    <li<?php if ($page == 'personal') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=personal&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section personal'] ?></a></li>
                    <li<?php if ($page == 'messaging') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=messaging&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section messaging'] ?></a></li>
                    <li<?php if ($page == 'personality') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=personality&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section personality'] ?></a></li>
                    <li<?php if ($page == 'display') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=display&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section display'] ?></a></li>
                    <li<?php if ($page == 'privacy') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=privacy&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section privacy'] ?></a></li>
<?php if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN || ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_MOD && $pun_config['p_mod_ban_users'] == '1')): ?>                    <li<?php if ($page == 'admin') echo ' class="isactive"'; ?>><a href="profile.php?section=admin&id=<?php echo $id ?>"><?php echo $lang_profile['Section admin'] ?></a></li>
<?php endif; ?>                </ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
<?php

}

//
// Update posts, topics, last_post, last_post_id and last_poster for a forum (redirect topics are not included)
//
function update_forum($forum_id)
{
    global $db;

$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id), SUM(num_replies) FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE moved_to IS NULL AND forum_id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to fetch forum topic count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    list($num_topics, $num_posts) = $db->fetch_row($result);

$num_posts = $num_posts + $num_topics;        // $num_posts is only the sum of all replies (we have to add the topic posts)

$result = $db->query('SELECT last_post, last_post_id, last_poster FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$forum_id.' AND moved_to IS NULL ORDER BY last_post DESC LIMIT 1') or error('Unable to fetch last_post/last_post_id/last_poster', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    if ($db->num_rows($result))        // There are topics in the forum
    {
        list($last_post, $last_post_id, $last_poster) = $db->fetch_row($result);

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'forums SET num_topics='.$num_topics.', num_posts='.$num_posts.', last_post='.$last_post.', last_post_id='.$last_post_id.', last_poster=\''.$db->escape($last_poster).'\' WHERE id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to update last_post/last_post_id/last_poster', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    }
    else    // There are no topics
        $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'forums SET num_topics=0, num_posts=0, last_post=NULL, last_post_id=NULL, last_poster=NULL WHERE id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to update last_post/last_post_id/last_poster', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
}

//
// Delete a topic and all of it's posts
//
function delete_topic($topic_id)
{
    global $db;

// Delete the topic and any redirect topics
    $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE id='.$topic_id.' OR moved_to='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to delete topic', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

// Create a list of the post ID's in this topic
    $post_ids = '';
    $result = $db->query('SELECT id FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE topic_id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to fetch posts', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    while ($row = $db->fetch_row($result))
        $post_ids .= ($post_ids != '') ? ','.$row[0] : $row[0];

// Make sure we have a list of post ID's
    if ($post_ids != '')
    {
        strip_search_index($post_ids);

// Delete posts in topic
        $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE topic_id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to delete posts', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    }

// Delete any subscriptions for this topic
    $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'subscriptions WHERE topic_id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to delete subscriptions', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
}

//
// Delete a single post
//
function delete_post($post_id, $topic_id)
{
    global $db;

$result = $db->query('SELECT id, poster, posted FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE topic_id='.$topic_id.' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 2') or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    list($last_id, ,) = $db->fetch_row($result);
    list($second_last_id, $second_poster, $second_posted) = $db->fetch_row($result);

// Delete the post
    $db->query('DELETE FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE id='.$post_id) or error('Unable to delete post', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

strip_search_index($post_id);

// Count number of replies in the topic
    $result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id) FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE topic_id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to fetch post count for topic', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    $num_replies = $db->result($result, 0) - 1;

// If the message we deleted is the most recent in the topic (at the end of the topic)
    if ($last_id == $post_id)
    {
        // If there is a $second_last_id there is more than 1 reply to the topic
        if (!empty($second_last_id))
            $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'topics SET last_post='.$second_posted.', last_post_id='.$second_last_id.', last_poster=\''.$db->escape($second_poster).'\', num_replies='.$num_replies.' WHERE id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to update topic', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
        else
            // We deleted the only reply, so now last_post/last_post_id/last_poster is posted/id/poster from the topic itself
            $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'topics SET last_post=posted, last_post_id=id, last_poster=poster, num_replies='.$num_replies.' WHERE id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to update topic', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    }
    else
        // Otherwise we just decrement the reply counter
        $db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'topics SET num_replies='.$num_replies.' WHERE id='.$topic_id) or error('Unable to update topic', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
}

//
// Replace censored words in $text
//
function censor_words($text)
{
    global $db;
    static $search_for, $replace_with;

// If not already built in a previous call, build an array of censor words and their replacement text
    if (!isset($search_for))
    {
        $result = $db->query('SELECT search_for, replace_with FROM '.$db->prefix.'censoring') or error('Unable to fetch censor word list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
        $num_words = $db->num_rows($result);

$search_for = array();
        for ($i = 0; $i < $num_words; ++$i)
        {
            list($search_for[$i], $replace_with[$i]) = $db->fetch_row($result);
            $search_for[$i] = '/\b('.str_replace('\*', '\w*?', preg_quote($search_for[$i], '/')).')\b/i';
        }
    }

if (!empty($search_for))
        $text = substr(preg_replace($search_for, $replace_with, ' '.$text.' '), 1, -1);

return $text;
}

//
// Determines the correct title for $user
// $user must contain the elements 'username', 'title', 'posts', 'g_id' and 'g_user_title'
//
function get_title($user)
{
    global $db, $pun_config, $pun_bans, $lang_common;
    static $ban_list, $pun_ranks;

// If not already built in a previous call, build an array of lowercase banned usernames
    if (empty($ban_list))
    {
        $ban_list = array();

foreach ($pun_bans as $cur_ban)
            $ban_list[] = strtolower($cur_ban['username']);
    }

// If not already loaded in a previous call, load the cached ranks
    if ($pun_config['o_ranks'] == '1' && empty($pun_ranks))
    {
        @include PUN_ROOT.'cache/cache_ranks.php';
        if (!defined('PUN_RANKS_LOADED'))
        {
            require_once PUN_ROOT.'include/cache.php';
            generate_ranks_cache();
            require PUN_ROOT.'cache/cache_ranks.php';
        }
    }

// If the user has a custom title
    if ($user['title'] != '')
        $user_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($user['title']);
    // If the user is banned
    else if (in_array(strtolower($user['username']), $ban_list))
        $user_title = $lang_common['Banned'];
    // If the user group has a default user title
    else if ($user['g_user_title'] != '')
        $user_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($user['g_user_title']);
    // If the user is a guest
    else if ($user['g_id'] == PUN_GUEST)
        $user_title = $lang_common['Guest'];
    else
    {
        // Are there any ranks?
        if ($pun_config['o_ranks'] == '1' && !empty($pun_ranks))
        {
            @reset($pun_ranks);
            while (list(, $cur_rank) = @each($pun_ranks))
            {
                if (intval($user['num_posts']) >= $cur_rank['min_posts'])
                    $user_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_rank['rank']);
            }
        }

// If the user didn't "reach" any rank (or if ranks are disabled), we assign the default
        if (!isset($user_title))
            $user_title = $lang_common['Member'];
    }

return $user_title;
}

//
// Generate a string with numbered links (for multipage scripts)
//
function paginate($num_pages, $cur_page, $link_to)
{
    $pages = array();
    $link_to_all = false;

// If $cur_page == -1, we link to all pages (used in viewforum.php)
    if ($cur_page == -1)
    {
        $cur_page = 1;
        $link_to_all = true;
    }

if ($num_pages <= 1)
        $pages = array('<strong>1</strong>');
    else
    {
        if ($cur_page > 3)
        {
            $pages[] = '<a href="'.$link_to.'&p=1">1</a>';

if ($cur_page != 4)
                $pages[] = '…';
        }

// Don't ask me how the following works. It just does, OK? :-)
        for ($current = $cur_page - 2, $stop = $cur_page + 3; $current < $stop; ++$current)
        {
            if ($current < 1 || $current > $num_pages)
                continue;
            else if ($current != $cur_page || $link_to_all)
                $pages[] = '<a href="'.$link_to.'&p='.$current.'">'.$current.'</a>';
            else
                $pages[] = '<strong>'.$current.'</strong>';
        }

if ($cur_page <= ($num_pages-3))
        {
            if ($cur_page != ($num_pages-3))
                $pages[] = '…';

$pages[] = '<a href="'.$link_to.'&p='.$num_pages.'">'.$num_pages.'</a>';
        }
    }

return implode(' ', $pages);
}

//
// Display a message
//
function message($message, $no_back_link = false)
{
    global $db, $lang_common, $pun_config, $pun_start, $tpl_main;

if (!defined('PUN_HEADER'))
    {
        global $pun_user;

$page_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']).' / '.$lang_common['Info'];
        require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';
    }

?>

<div id="msg" class="block">
    <h2><span><?php echo $lang_common['Info'] ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
        <p><?php echo $message ?></p>
<?php if (!$no_back_link): ?>        <p><a href="javascript: history.go(-1)"><?php echo $lang_common['Go back'] ?></a></p>
<?php endif; ?>        </div>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';
}

//
// Format a time string according to $time_format and timezones
//
function format_time($timestamp, $date_only = false)
{
    global $pun_config, $lang_common, $pun_user;

if ($timestamp == '')
        return $lang_common['Never'];

$diff = ($pun_user['timezone'] - $pun_config['o_server_timezone']) * 3600;
    $timestamp += $diff;
    $now = time();

$date = date($pun_config['o_date_format'], $timestamp);
    $today = date($pun_config['o_date_format'], $now+$diff);
    $yesterday = date($pun_config['o_date_format'], $now+$diff-86400);

if ($date == $today)
        $date = $lang_common['Today'];
    else if ($date == $yesterday)
        $date = $lang_common['Yesterday'];

if (!$date_only)
        return $date.' '.date($pun_config['o_time_format'], $timestamp);
    else
        return $date;
}

//
// If we are running pre PHP 4.3.0, we add our own implementation of file_get_contents
//
if (!function_exists('file_get_contents'))
{
    function file_get_contents($filename, $use_include_path = 0)
    {
        $data = '';

if ($fh = fopen($filename, 'rb', $use_include_path))
        {
            $data = fread($fh, filesize($filename));
            fclose($fh);
        }

return $data;
    }
}

//
// Make sure that HTTP_REFERER matches $pun_config['o_base_url']/$script
//
function confirm_referrer($script)
{
    global $pun_config, $lang_common;

if (!preg_match('#^'.preg_quote(str_replace('www.', '', $pun_config['o_base_url']).'/'.$script, '#').'#i', str_replace('www.', '', (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] : ''))))
        message($lang_common['Bad referrer']);
}

//
// Generate a random password of length $len
//
function random_pass($len)
{
    $chars = 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789';

$password = '';
    for ($i = 0; $i < $len; ++$i)
        $password .= substr($chars, (mt_rand() % strlen($chars)), 1);

return $password;
}

//
// Compute a hash of $str
// Uses sha1() if available. If not, SHA1 through mhash() if available. If not, fall back on md5().
//
function pun_hash($str)
{
    if (function_exists('sha1'))    // Only in PHP 4.3.0+
        return sha1($str);
    else if (function_exists('mhash'))    // Only if Mhash library is loaded
        return bin2hex(mhash(MHASH_SHA1, $str));
    else
        return md5($str);
}

//
// Try to determine the correct remote IP-address
//
function get_remote_address()
{
    return $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
}

//
// Equivalent to htmlspecialchars(), but allows &#[0-9]+ (for unicode)
//
function pun_htmlspecialchars($str)
{
    $str = preg_replace('/&(?!#[0-9]+;)/s', '&', $str);
    $str = str_replace(array('<', '>', '"'), array('<', '>', '"'), $str);

return $str;
}

//
// Equivalent to strlen(), but counts &#[0-9]+ as one character (for unicode)
//
function pun_strlen($str)
{
    return strlen(preg_replace('/&#([0-9]+);/', '!', $str));
}

//
// Convert \r\n and \r to \n
//
function pun_linebreaks($str)
{
    return str_replace("\r", "\n", str_replace("\r\n", "\n", $str));
}

//
// A more aggressive version of trim()
//
function pun_trim($str)
{
    global $lang_common;

if (strpos($lang_common['lang_encoding'], '8859') !== false)
    {
        $fishy_chars = array(chr(0x81), chr(0x8D), chr(0x8F), chr(0x90), chr(0x9D), chr(0xA0));
        return trim(str_replace($fishy_chars, ' ', $str));
    }
    else
        return trim($str);
}

//
// Display a message when board is in maintenance mode
//
function maintenance_message()
{
    global $db, $pun_config, $lang_common, $pun_user;

// Deal with newlines, tabs and multiple spaces
    $pattern = array("\t", '  ', '  ');
    $replace = array('    ', '  ', '  ');
    $message = str_replace($pattern, $replace, $pun_config['o_maintenance_message']);

// Load the maintenance template
    $tpl_maint = trim(file_get_contents(PUN_ROOT.'include/template/maintenance.tpl'));

// START SUBST - <pun_include "*">
    while (preg_match('#<pun_include "([^/\\\\]*?)\.(php[45]?|inc|html?|txt)">#', $tpl_maint, $cur_include))
    {
        if (!file_exists(PUN_ROOT.'include/user/'.$cur_include[1].'.'.$cur_include[2]))
            error('Unable to process user include '.htmlspecialchars($cur_include[0]).' from template maintenance.tpl. There is no such file in folder /include/user/');

ob_start();
        include PUN_ROOT.'include/user/'.$cur_include[1].'.'.$cur_include[2];
        $tpl_temp = ob_get_contents();
        $tpl_maint = str_replace($cur_include[0], $tpl_temp, $tpl_maint);
        ob_end_clean();
    }
    // END SUBST - <pun_include "*">

// START SUBST - <pun_content_direction>
    $tpl_maint = str_replace('<pun_content_direction>', $lang_common['lang_direction'], $tpl_maint);
    // END SUBST - <pun_content_direction>

// START SUBST - <pun_char_encoding>
    $tpl_maint = str_replace('<pun_char_encoding>', $lang_common['lang_encoding'], $tpl_maint);
    // END SUBST - <pun_char_encoding>

// START SUBST - <pun_head>
    ob_start();

?>
<title><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']).' / '.$lang_common['Maintenance'] ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style/<?php echo $pun_user['style'].'.css' ?>" />
<?php

$tpl_temp = trim(ob_get_contents());
    $tpl_maint = str_replace('<pun_head>', $tpl_temp, $tpl_maint);
    ob_end_clean();
    // END SUBST - <pun_head>

// START SUBST - <pun_maint_heading>
    $tpl_maint = str_replace('<pun_maint_heading>', $lang_common['Maintenance'], $tpl_maint);
    // END SUBST - <pun_maint_heading>

// START SUBST - <pun_maint_message>
    $tpl_maint = str_replace('<pun_maint_message>', $message, $tpl_maint);
    // END SUBST - <pun_maint_message>

// End the transaction
    $db->end_transaction();

// Close the db connection (and free up any result data)
    $db->close();

exit($tpl_maint);
}

//
// Display $message and redirect user to $destination_url
//
function redirect($destination_url, $message)
{
    global $db, $pun_config, $lang_common, $pun_user;

if ($destination_url == '')
        $destination_url = 'index.php';

// If the delay is 0 seconds, we might as well skip the redirect all together
    if ($pun_config['o_redirect_delay'] == '0')
        header('Location: '.str_replace('&', '&', $destination_url));

// Load the redirect template
    $tpl_redir = trim(file_get_contents(PUN_ROOT.'include/template/redirect.tpl'));

// START SUBST - <pun_include "*">
    while (preg_match('#<pun_include "([^/\\\\]*?)\.(php[45]?|inc|html?|txt)">#', $tpl_redir, $cur_include))
    {
        if (!file_exists(PUN_ROOT.'include/user/'.$cur_include[1].'.'.$cur_include[2]))
            error('Unable to process user include '.htmlspecialchars($cur_include[0]).' from template redirect.tpl. There is no such file in folder /include/user/');

ob_start();
        include PUN_ROOT.'include/user/'.$cur_include[1].'.'.$cur_include[2];
        $tpl_temp = ob_get_contents();
        $tpl_redir = str_replace($cur_include[0], $tpl_temp, $tpl_redir);
        ob_end_clean();
    }
    // END SUBST - <pun_include "*">

// START SUBST - <pun_content_direction>
    $tpl_redir = str_replace('<pun_content_direction>', $lang_common['lang_direction'], $tpl_redir);
    // END SUBST - <pun_content_direction>

// START SUBST - <pun_char_encoding>
    $tpl_redir = str_replace('<pun_char_encoding>', $lang_common['lang_encoding'], $tpl_redir);
    // END SUBST - <pun_char_encoding>

// START SUBST - <pun_head>
    ob_start();

?>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="<?php echo $pun_config['o_redirect_delay'] ?>;URL=<?php echo str_replace(array('<', '>', '"'), array('<', '>', '"'), $destination_url) ?>" />
<title><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']).' / '.$lang_common['Redirecting'] ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style/<?php echo $pun_user['style'].'.css' ?>" />
<?php

$tpl_redir = str_replace('<pun_head>', $tpl_temp, $tpl_redir);
    ob_end_clean();
    // END SUBST - <pun_head>

// START SUBST - <pun_redir_heading>
    $tpl_redir = str_replace('<pun_redir_heading>', $lang_common['Redirecting'], $tpl_redir);
    // END SUBST - <pun_redir_heading>

// START SUBST - <pun_redir_text>
    $tpl_temp = $message.'<br /><br />'.'<a href="'.$destination_url.'">'.$lang_common['Click redirect'].'</a>';
    $tpl_redir = str_replace('<pun_redir_text>', $tpl_temp, $tpl_redir);
    // END SUBST - <pun_redir_text>

// START SUBST - <pun_footer>
    ob_start();

// End the transaction
    $db->end_transaction();

// Display executed queries (if enabled)
    if (defined('PUN_SHOW_QUERIES'))
        display_saved_queries();

$tpl_redir = str_replace('<pun_footer>', $tpl_temp, $tpl_redir);
    ob_end_clean();
    // END SUBST - <pun_footer>

// Close the db connection (and free up any result data)
    $db->close();

exit($tpl_redir);
}

//
// Display a simple error message
//
function error($message, $file, $line, $db_error = false)
{
    global $pun_config;

// Set a default title if the script failed before $pun_config could be populated
    if (empty($pun_config))
        $pun_config['o_board_title'] = 'PunBB';

// Empty output buffer and stop buffering
    @ob_end_clean();

// "Restart" output buffering if we are using ob_gzhandler (since the gzip header is already sent)
    if (!empty($pun_config['o_gzip']) && extension_loaded('zlib') && (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'], 'gzip') !== false || strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'], 'deflate') !== false))
        ob_start('ob_gzhandler');

?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']) ?> / Error</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
BODY {MARGIN: 10% 20% auto 20%; font: 10px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}
#errorbox {BORDER: 1px solid #B84623}
H2 {MARGIN: 0; COLOR: #FFFFFF; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #B84623; FONT-SIZE: 1.1em; PADDING: 5px 4px}
#errorbox DIV {PADDING: 6px 5px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F1F1F1}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>

<div id="errorbox">
    <h2>An error was encountered</h2>
    <div>
<?php

if (defined('PUN_DEBUG'))
    {
        echo "\t\t".'<strong>File:</strong> '.$file.'<br />'."\n\t\t".'<strong>Line:</strong> '.$line.'<br /><br />'."\n\t\t".'<strong>PunBB reported</strong>: '.$message."\n";

if ($db_error)
        {
            echo "\t\t".'<br /><br /><strong>Database reported:</strong> '.pun_htmlspecialchars($db_error['error_msg']).(($db_error['error_no']) ? ' (Errno: '.$db_error['error_no'].')' : '')."\n";

if ($db_error['error_sql'] != '')
                echo "\t\t".'<br /><br /><strong>Failed query:</strong> '.pun_htmlspecialchars($db_error['error_sql'])."\n";
        }
    }
    else
        echo "\t\t".'Error: <strong>'.$message.'.</strong>'."\n";

?>
    </div>
</div>

</body>
</html>
<?php

// If a database connection was established (before this error) we close it
    if ($db_error)
        $GLOBALS['db']->close();

exit;
}

// DEBUG FUNCTIONS BELOW

//
// Display executed queries (if enabled)
//
function display_saved_queries()
{
    global $db, $lang_common;

// Get the queries so that we can print them out
    $saved_queries = $db->get_saved_queries();

?>

<div id="debug" class="blocktable">
    <h2><span><?php echo $lang_common['Debug table'] ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
            <table cellspacing="0">
            <thead>
                <tr>
                    <th class="tcl" scope="col">Time (s)</th>
                    <th class="tcr" scope="col">Query</th>
                </tr>
            </thead>
            <tbody>
<?php

$query_time_total = 0.0;
    while (list(, $cur_query) = @each($saved_queries))
    {
        $query_time_total += $cur_query[1];

?>
                <tr>
                    <td class="tcl"><?php echo ($cur_query[1] != 0) ? $cur_query[1] : ' ' ?></td>
                    <td class="tcr"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_query[0]) ?></td>
                </tr>
<?php

}

?>
                <tr>
                    <td class="tcl" colspan="2">Total query time: <?php echo $query_time_total ?> s</td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
            </table>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

}

//
// Unset any variables instantiated as a result of register_globals being enabled
//
function unregister_globals()
{
    $register_globals = @ini_get('register_globals');
    if ($register_globals === "" || $register_globals === "0" || strtolower($register_globals === "off"))
        return;

// Prevent script.php?GLOBALS[foo]=bar
    if (isset($_REQUEST['GLOBALS']) || isset($_FILES['GLOBALS']))
        exit('I\'ll have a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich.');

// Variables that shouldn't be unset
    $no_unset = array('GLOBALS', '_GET', '_POST', '_COOKIE', '_REQUEST', '_SERVER', '_ENV', '_FILES');

// Remove elements in $GLOBALS that are present in any of the superglobals
    $input = array_merge($_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE, $_SERVER, $_ENV, $_FILES, isset($_SESSION) && is_array($_SESSION) ? $_SESSION : array());
    foreach ($input as $k => $v)
    {
        if (!in_array($k, $no_unset) && isset($GLOBALS[$k]))
        {
            unset($GLOBALS[$k]);
            unset($GLOBALS[$k]);    // Double unset to circumvent the zend_hash_del_key_or_index hole in PHP <4.4.3 and <5.1.4
        }
    }
}

//
// Dump contents of variable(s)
//
function dump()
{
    echo '<pre>';

$num_args = func_num_args();

for ($i = 0; $i < $num_args; ++$i)
    {
        print_r(func_get_arg($i));
        echo "\n\n";
    }

echo '</pre>';
    exit;
}

Sorry, I don't have all the time to read 1000+ lines of code to see where something's wrong.
Please change the line I posted above and let me know the error message you will get
If this fails then it's better to send just the affected lines, which are the ones in the readme.txt wink

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de