1 (edited by Ahmed 2007-09-10 20:49)

Topic: How to make that admin could not see one forum or category?

I am admin for muslim forum, but I was asked to create a special forum category/forum for muslim sisters. "Muslim sisters ONLY" forum.

I understand how to make moderators, how make that this forumu is view only by special users, but how admin can restrict himself?
How can I made that I do not see that (sub)forum?

:-)

Re: How to make that admin could not see one forum or category?

it is not possible as standardand even if you modify the files to disable acceess to the admin group, you will still be able to have access to the posts via the database using phpMyAdmin

as admin you can see everything. as far as i know there isn't a mod for such either.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Don't look?

Yes, for sisters talking, not for men. If it is possible to look to through some database etc - it is not important. But I guess I will not could to resist to look in that sister forum if it just looks as all other forums. So if it is not possible to make such forum, then we will not create one.

6 (edited by Ahmed 2008-01-16 17:39)

yemgi wrote:

it is not possible as standardand even if you modify the files to disable acceess to the admin group, you will still be able to have access to the posts via the database using phpMyAdmin

It is not problem, that it is possible to read those posts in database. I will not go specialy and seek the way how to read that way.
It is enough if on forum index.php I do not see that forum. What is need to be modified that will restrict admin from seeing that category (or forum)?

Ok. Russians ( punbb.ru ) solved it.
http://punbb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=2073

viewforum.php:

if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN && $id == PUT THAT FORUM NUMBER HERE)
    message($lang_common['No view']);

viewtopic.php:

if ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN && $cur_topic['forum_id'] == PUT THAT FORUM NUMBER HERE)
    message($lang_common['No view']);

Now admin see that forum on index.php, but can get in.

You do not have permission to view these forums.

Go back