1 (edited by Tunox 2007-09-18 22:20)

Topic: Integrating a flash movie in main.tpl

Hi guys,

I have a flash banner to use on top of the page as in every other page of the website. I've added an extra div right before <div id="punwrap"> and styled via the css. I have the flash div showing (right clicking will bring up the classic flash contextual menu) but instead of having the animation I simply have a white block. The swf file is in the same dir with the tpl include/template/ so there are no path errors.

Are there specific rules to follow and know limitations on using flash in punbb templates? Anyone has an example of a forum with a flash file in the template ?

Thx a lot

Re: Integrating a flash movie in main.tpl

Tunox wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a flash banner to use on top of the page as in every other page of the website. I've added an extra div right before <div id="punwrap"> and styled via the css. I have the flash div showing (right clicking will bring up the classic flash contextual menu) but instead of having the animation I simply have a white block. The swf file is in the same dir with the tpl include/template/ so there are no path errors.

Are there specific rules to follow and know limitations on using flash in punbb templates? Anyone has an example of a forum with a flash file in the template ?

Thx a lot

same happens with me on my localhost. It works in IE fine, but come to FF the is a white box. And i have done it before http://tactical-gaming.co.uk/gamewar.co.uk/

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

How did you do it the first time? Was it simply by editing the main.tpl or u had to add some extra lines in any other file of punBB?
anyway in my case the outcome is 0 in both browsers. At least you have to sort out only FF which indicates a browser related issue.

4 (edited by StevenBullen 2007-09-19 09:58)

Link - Code - Shall I go on??

Why outside of punwrap? its a wrap for PunBB.

@matt
Yes you have done it before. Shame the way you done it before you have to click on the flash to activate it. wink

Hi Steven

Sry no link available. The forum is non-public and only for the association member and I have no rights to add/edit/delete.

I choosed to add punBB inside a "container" within the original website template hence the flash in that header is outside punwrap. The fact that I have markup outside punwrap afffects the behaviour of those elements?!

I didn't include the code at first as there's nothing particular to it in the sense that it's a simple flash object and positioned by CSS. And don't bother pointing out that that flash isn't accessible as I'm aware of that. Satay method will be coming as soon as I have at least the flash showing up. This is voulontary job so I'm trying to spend as little time as possible.

markup: http://pastebin.com/m6465591e

css of that block: http://pastebin.com/m43de74

Thx for any further input.

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay

Have you tried removing the doctype to see if that make a difference?

Paul: yeah I tried that but it didn't help

Smartys: ??

Tunox wrote:

Satay method will be coming as soon as I have at least the flash showing up

StevenBullen wrote:

@matt
Yes you have done it before. Shame the way you done it before you have to click on the flash to activate it. wink

yes steve i dont know why you have to activate the flash to use it. not much of a flash person myself.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Have you plonked it in object tags?

You need something like the following, (minimum), for both FF and IE to be happy with Flash:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="<?php echo $pun_config['o_base_url'] ?>/[path/to/file].swf" width="[your width]" height="[your height]">
<param name="movie" value="<?php echo $pun_config['o_base_url'] ?>/[path/to/file].swf" />
</object>

Tunox wrote:

Smartys: ??

Tunox wrote:

Satay method will be coming as soon as I have at least the flash showing up

You don't need to use the satay method to have it working using the information on that page.