Topic: Subcats and punbb 1.3?

Hello,

i was off with my site a longer time ago .. so now i just work on a relaunch of my community. By this fact i've a question about the future of punbb .. 3.x ..

If i install with punbb 2.15 a subcategory modification, what about the update issue with punbb 3.x .. could it be a problem? There are any plans about subcategory native support of punbb 3.x ? And last but not least ;o) Is there a publish date for punbb 3.x (i know, its ready when it is done - like Blizzard *g*)?

Thx for answer!

Rufnex

Re: Subcats and punbb 1.3?

PunBB 1.3 wink

There shouldn't be any problems except for that your mod will stop working, since you will need updated code for the new version. However, there shouldn't be much of an issue from a database perspective.
Native subforum support? It's possible, but not exceedingly likely.
And as you said, it's done when it's done wink

Of course 1.3, i'm going to dream of the future 3.x sifi tales ;o)

Hm .. how is it possible to have subforums without a modification? Or did i understand you wrong?

You misunderstood me a little wink
The upgrade to 1.3 will involve you replacing all of your existing code with a new version (there are too many changes for an hdiff). This means that all modifications you installed will be "gone." However, the modifications that have been made to the database won't be erased. So, if you install 1.3 and then install a newly written subforum extension that uses your existing subforum data, all your data will still be there. If you don't install a new extension, the data will still be in the database but not accessible outside of that.

I understand .. but again, there is no built in support for creating subforums, right? there are plans for that in 1.3? thx!

Smartys wrote:

Native subforum support? It's possible, but not exceedingly likely.

... i looking forward to 1.3!  Thank you for this great pice of software!

One question: where I can post one bug found into 1.3-dev?

Nowhere.

Namaless wrote:

One question: where I can post one bug found into 1.3-dev?

We wait for the beta... one day... maybe... smile

Thanks for replies wink

I have found 2 bugs and want report to developers wink

Drop me an email, I'll be more than happy to take a look at it wink