Re: New frontpage index mod!

Mattf i do agree there it will be over kill.  i thought of taken the custom page mod and incorporating this mod to it. so that it would pagination right and making a article system.

or something like that.

a article system..

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Must admit, for straight article use, I took quite a liking to Genu. It's separate from PunBB, but I took a shine to the devil for some reason, so used that. big_smile Just have it as a link on the titlebar of the forums.

http://www.genu.org

how about integrating it?
Q

MattF, thanks

I was use punbb. In a momnet I have to use another php script called SimplePHPblog, to put the forum entries in this blog and when the people read a brief introduction of post, click in the link and go to forum post. You can see it in action in http://www.forgirls.3njoy.com/blog/index.php and click in "Link para este post" and go to the punbb forum post.

When I see tyhis mod I think whit myself that whit some mods I dont need more a blog to call the forum post.

Yes, this is a new concept. The first page is a "pseudoblog" (false blog) that a brief introduction a forum post.

This site that forgirls.3njoy.com i made for GIRLS and she want PICTURES in the first page, hehehe ( I made a research whit my female users)

Thank you MattF and quaker smile

mattf, i download it and running it localhost.. seem to very simple.. but it is not punbb..haha

You're welcome Mariwal. smile Nice site, btw.

quaker wrote:

mattf, i download it and running it localhost.. seem to very simple.. but it is not punbb..haha

It's not intended to be. big_smile As I mentioned though, for some reason I've taken a good old shine to it, and it does what it's designed for extremely well.

mattf i understand that.. it does do the functions.. very well and very simple I will have to play with it and see how the template system works..

thanks

Q

I found This mod:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=15563

That put a Back / Next in the end of page

ummm ill look at the code see what i can do...

thanks

Q

Thank you smile You are a good person smile

I can't set the truncate number above 350, even when setting both truncate variables. If I set both th say 950, it doesn't display the post at all, but returns the error

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: regular expression too large at offset 0 in

350 characters is about two sentences...

i really do need to release a new version of this..hahaha

Q

I removed the truncate function, but that's not a great idea. What's needed, maybe, is a read more tag like livejournal. That way, wherever you want to split the post up with a read more link you could just add a {readmore} tag into the post. Then you could manually truncate wherever you wanted.