1 (edited by celerystx 2007-09-26 14:21)

Topic: Have I been hacked?

I get several spammers a day signed up in my forum and I delete their posts as soon as I see them. However, the other day I checked my database and a few of these users have a group id = 32000. I don't think this really does any harm since there is no group id of 32000 in my punbb_groups table.

So my question is how are they changing the group id? Have they gained access to my database? Are there any ways to safeguard against this in the future?

I'm using 1.2.15. Please let me know if I you all need more information about my forum.

Thanks in advance.

Barb

2 (edited by Utchin 2007-09-26 14:32)

Re: Have I been hacked?

no you havnt, there is another guy who has had the same thing, off the top of my head i cant rember.

D9r wrote:

group_id
It looks like new users start out with their group_id='32000', and once they reply to the welcome email and login for the first time, their account is activated and their group_id becomes '4'?

Yes. 32000 is the identifier for an unconfirmed account.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Re: Have I been hacked?

Thanks matt1298! That's a relief! It's good to know that these people haven't confirmed their email because I sensed they were spammers. My website is seasonal so I truly doubt anyone "real" is signing up right now.

Thanks again!