Topic: Ranking by accept Answer

hi
this is my first post
i search in internet for Forum with this: Simple , light, no images for fast load ,many options , Multi languages
it take 4 day when i found PubBB ,Hahaha OK it's my dream
especially easy translating to Arabic language because it support Rtl direction

now my requests

many of user post dummy Message like , hi, wellcome , etc...
thies users post like that for take more ranking and get to Super user with no answers,

i want to add More rules to ranking user like click on link

Accept Answers

bottom of Message
if not then not incrase the rank Level

my i can write a mod for that, if i have a time

thanks

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Re: Ranking by accept Answer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean that you as an administrator or moderator want to be able to "accept" all posts before they are displayed? In that case, such a feature has been suggested before and will most likely make it into PunBB 1.2.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I think he is saying people spam up the boards, so he wants ranking based on number of replies, not number of posts. I think thats it.

Do, or do not.

As of what I can understand I think he want's to have a button under each post, and when you click on this, the users post count will increase.

pettan said what i mean
for programmers forums , there a Question and many Asnwers
but one or more answer ar correct and many of post it's trivial just for incrase Rank level

Oh, he's got something like experts exchange... I'd say that this is another counter, I'd set it sepparated, then you can compare the ratio of correct/bad answers wink

Well, anyway, the easy part is stopping the counter, and increasing the counter doesn't mean that much work, you should place a form that appears on each message, with the poster id and a submit button, only available to moderators.

However, to be coherent, that same button should have to add a message to the thread and close it. And count the people who ASK a question,if you want to give credits for that (+for answers, -for questions). That's the part I would be lazy about coding sad

Marc

yes, but in www.delphipages.com
if you post Answer, there is a link bottom of message (Accept Answer) visible to Owner of the Question to accept and incrase Level

I would be lazy about coding

wink
me too
i work in php and can add this futrure as mod.