Topic: Textpattern integration?

I'm old school (can you say PDP-11, RT-11 and FORTRAN?) and have always followed the K.I.S.S. principle in my 26 year software engineering career. Although relatively new to this whole new web dev tech thing, I've been doing my homework lately to catch up: (learning XHTML, CSS, DOM/JS, PHP, MySQL, Hijax, etc). However, to save me from having to re-invent the wheel, I'd like to incorporate some cream of the crop open source packages - and there seem to be many to choose from. And in my mind, the only way to fly is with simple, clean (maintainable) code that is small, fast and WC3 valid. Both punBB (forum) and Textpattern (CMS) appear to fit this criteria nicely. But it would sure be nice if they played well together and shared one common user authentication method. Also, comments to a TxP article could automatically create a new associated punBB thread topic. And the use of textile (in addition to BBCode) in punBB would be nice too. I've searched both here and on the TxP forum and read some threads showing interest in this TxP/punBB union. So what's the latest on this?

Or is Textpattern falling by the wayside?

Re: Textpattern integration?

With 1.3's API it should be fairly easy to do. But they're two different applications, developed by different people. You can't just expect it to work wink

The latest on that is, a bunch of us want to have it and set it up, but we are waiting on Pun's 1.3...

Moved to Integration

My appologies. Although I did search all forums for punnBB/Textpattern related topics, and read all the relevant threads prior to posting, I should have looked at all of the available forums before posting to the "Feature request" board. I can now see that this forum is the obvious place for this topic. I'm usually much more careful and respectful than this.

Once again, sorry! - rr

Don't worry about it, a topic in the wrong forum doesn't bother me smile