1 (edited by Afraithe 2005-10-03 15:46)

Topic: TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor for PunBB

Hi,

I haven't made any nice mod package or anything, but I did a test implementation of TinyMCE for PunBB a while ago, and thought I should share it with you.

You can visit the forum at
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb

If you go to "Post Reply" you can see a link to the right of "Smilies: on", where you can toggle TinyMCE on and off, and it converts between BBCode and HTML.

View the source of the pages to check out the Javascripts.

In the "viewtopic.php" page (if you use quickreply) there is no backend modifications, just added the scripts and replaced the "process_form(the_form)" with my own wrapper function "submitForm(the_form)".

On the "post.php" page however, there are some modifications to the source file, you need replace the "process_form(the_form)" that is "echoed" by PHP (ugh, sorry but thats ugly coding guys, USE TEMPLATE SYSTEM!).

On edit page, no changes to PHP source was neccesary.

Good luck.

Edit: Btw, please note that there is a known bug in Mozilla/Firefox that for some reason when WYSIWYG editors are used, meta-refresh doesn't work, so your users will have to click the link after they posted to be redirected. Dont blame us, blame Mozilla/Firefox dev team smile

You can get around it if you add a javascript to do the redirection instead of meta-refresh.

Re: TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor for PunBB

That is very very cool wink

I think it's very cool for final user to see directly the layout of his posts ... good work !

This is really cool.. saves the time re-editing the posts when [i]hello[i] happens smile

A small update on this, ive moved out the Javascripts to an external JS file. Ive also added it to the quick reply area.

There are still some problems with the regexps, but only if you do overly-complex BBCode type posts.

The forum:
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb

The external JS file:
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/incl … gration.js

Please note that you still need to edit some of the PHP source.

Search for all instances (in the pages that are going to run the editor) that run the javascript function "process_form(the_form)" and replace it with submitForm(the_form).

cool
my style big_smile tongue
lol

Could somebody provide sane installation steps as it's done in other mod topics?
Mist covered posts of Afraithe isn't detailed enough.

For example, you ought to be registered at tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb to search source for code of edit forms (no anonymous posting alllowed), then there is not only tinymce_integration.js included, but also mcimagemanager.js and tiny_mce.js (should I include them too?) and so on.

Help, please.

Kraeved wrote:

Could somebody provide sane installation steps as it's done in other mod topics?
Mist covered posts of Afraithe isn't detailed enough.

I second that. I'd love to enable tinymce on my forum (once I get past the "no valid language pack" issue and I can actually use my forum!)

9 (edited by Lucas Malor 2007-10-05 11:25)

This is the more light WYSIWYG editor for PunBB I found for now :-)

Anyway there's very much problems:

- the html code is very outdated ;-)

- "Select Color" does not work with Firefox 2.0 and IE6

- "Styles" if clicked shows the menu for a moment, then disappear, on Firefox 2.0 . I must hold the button.
   On IE6 there's no problem

- popup windows for url and img is a very slow solution

I hope these problems will be corrected :-)

try puntoolbar

yemgi wrote:

try puntoolbar

It is a WYSIWYG editor? Is it anywhere a preview?