Topic: Admin Board - Webmaster Forum

Admin Board was originally developed as a UK web developer / designer network.

Earlier this year, we closed the site down to focus on a new project but have had lots of emails from members asking if we will reopen the website.
So, we have this week decided to relaunch the project with a real simplistic feel, and we've chosen PunBB to power the community.
We have a good team of established designers and programmers on hand to support people with their various dilemmas through a wide range of web related topics.

With a new but healthy interest in the PunBB project, it's likely to feature highly on the Admin Board. I personally have already started work on my first skins which I will eventually release on the site.

If you're a web designer, administrator, graphic designer, or just a rookie looking to jump on the learning curve and pick up some tips, please drop by and join our network. We'd love to have ya!

http://www.adminboard.co.uk

Re: Admin Board - Webmaster Forum

Hmm, I'm getting a 404 on the style wink

3 (edited by Abercrombie 2007-10-11 02:10)

lol I've been working with Firefox. I'll look at IE compatibility shortly

4 (edited by PhaxeNor 2007-10-11 02:05)

Sounds like a good site smile I have registered myself there.

Abercrombie wrote:

lol I've been working with Firefox. I'll look at IE compatibility shortly

I'm using Firefox wink
The style is showing up now.

I figured out the problem.

I had removed the default style but hadn't set the new default in the admin options.

Maybe that's a minor bug in the script? If a style is removed, shouldn't it set a new default?

PhaxeNor wrote:

Sounds like a good site smile I have registered myself there.

Nice to see you on there smile

A bit too dark for me visually.

I don't want to sound negative but best of luck attracting users when there are well-established mega-resources around like the WebmasterWorld forum and others occupying exactly the same turf.

9 (edited by Abercrombie 2007-10-11 13:10)

There's a light skin option for the members who don't like our default skin.

And there will always be hundreds of websites devoted to these subjects. It's all about personal choice.
Our collective projects currently have over 12,000 members, and the previous Admin Board had around 600 active members. So I'm pretty sure I can market this project given enough time. But we're not trying to compete with the established websites or break any records. We just want to develop our own information resource which will act as a release base for our own projects.
Our team includes well established designers and programming professionals who develop a range of products such as web scripts, web tools, web templates, forum skins etc which we release absolutely FREE and are only available via our sites.
If the site has just 50 active members it will all be worthwhile.

We're about to launch a new section devoted to PunBB which will feature our own skins, skinning tips and graphics.
If you're joining us from this forum please register your interest in PunBB on the board smile

The table header text and table data borders are way too dark. A lighter grey would work far better. They're nigh on impossible to see at the moment.

Okay, thanks for the input there.

I do all my design on a Vaio Crystal LCD, which is a bright, high definition TFT. I've just looked at the skin on a regular monitor and I see how much darker it looks.

As I said, there is a light option for members, but I'll work on the default.

I've had a couple of hours to work on my skin today. Feedback welcome smile

Still has a lack of definition.

These, the text is very close to the background colour in scale:

<th class="tcl" scope="col">Forum</th>
<th class="tc2" scope="col">Topics</th>
<th class="tc3" scope="col">Posts</th>
<th class="tcr" scope="col">Last post</th>

These, ditto on the border colours:

<td class="tcl">
<td class="tc2">
<td class="tc3">
<td class="tcr">

in my opinion it's too dark for a webmaster board. but that's just me. nice style otherwise.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I worked with a dark skin first because almost every other related board is white.

I'll get to work on a clean white version.

Thanks for the info fellas.

Abercrombie wrote:

I worked with a dark skin first because almost every other related board is white.

I'll get to work on a clean white version.

Personally, I'd keep the dark theme, but just work it so that it has more definition between text/borders/backgrounds and such. The theme itself is quite nice. It's just somewhat of a strain on the eyes after a short while, as it is. smile

What you use for your banner exchange ?

We will be using a custom script written by one of our programmers.