Topic: Didnt manage to install forum, I HAVE MY MySQL DATSBASE!! (

Tell me what im doing wrong, im now on lycos freehosting witch provided me with my free MySQL Database

Database Server Hostname: localhost
Database Name: bluemonkeyforum_uk_db
Database Username: bluemonkeyforum
Database pass:xxx [infact lycos said it didnt need one]
Table Prefix: punbb_
Administrator username: Chris
Administrator Pass:xxx
Admin Email: chrisgillon206@hotmail.com
Base URL: http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluemonkeyforum

Its still coming with the stupid error messages

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./include/dblayer/mysql.php in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/b/l/u/bluemonkeyforum/htdocs/install.php on line 284

Warning: main(./include/dblayer/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/b/l/u/bluemonkeyforum/htdocs/install.php on line 284

AGGGHH!!

Re: Didnt manage to install forum, I HAVE MY MySQL DATSBASE!! (

Check the structure of directories you've created.
Is there such a directory?
/data/members/free/tripod/uk/b/l/u/bluemonkeyforum/htdocs/include/dblayer/
Does it contain the file mysql.php (and some others)?

If any of the answers is no, then you haven't uploaded all the required files. The error you get is cause one of those files is not available, chances are it's not there, but it could also be that your server doesn't support relative paths (highly unlikely)

Marc

3 (edited by Joey 2004-02-17 11:04)

Edit: My post was irrelevant - there can be no config.php if the install didn't work.

:rolleyes:

Lycos/Tripod does allow PunBB to run - but the ads are annoying.

In fact, I know what it is - I had the same problem. What you find is that whatever you used to upload all your files to the Lycos webspace, is not uploading all the sub-folders and files.

Either find another way to do it or upload each file manually.

Hi, i did upload all of the sub-directories and files, i dont know what other things there is to do

chris, I'm not asking if you've done it, just CHECK if they're there. There's a thousand reasons why an upload could go wrong. The error you're getting is because it can't find a file, what would you do if that happened on your computer? First thing, check if the file is there!! smile

Basically I have the same problem:
Warning: main(./include/dblayer/mysql.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/forum/punbb/install.php on line 284

I checked and the files (mysql.php etc.) are there but still gives me that error message