Topic: PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for pun_htmlspecialchars

How should I solve this error message?
Server is: Apache 2.0 PHP 5.2 Mysql 5

PHP Warning:  Missing argument 1 for pun_htmlspecialchars(), called in /home/******l/public_html/forum/header.php on line 148 and defined in /home/******/public_html/forum/include/functions.php on line 725

Re: PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for pun_htmlspecialchars

Line 148 in an unmodified copy of PunBB is a comment, so you'll need to paste your code here wink

Solved:
The lines 147-149 (OLD)

// START SUBST - <pun_title>
$tpl_main = str_replace('<pun_title>', '<h1><span>'.pun_htmlspecialchars().'</span></h1>', $tpl_main);
// END SUBST - <pun_title>

I changed to :

// START SUBST - <pun_title>
$tpl_main = str_replace('<pun_title>', '<h1><span>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['']).'</span></h1>', $tpl_main);
// END SUBST - <pun_title>

Just out of curiosity, why don't you either just comment that line out or hide the board title with CSS? The way you have done it is silly.

Indeed, all you're doing that way is adding an empty h1 and span (and, if PunBB was using E_ALL, I think that would give a notice).

Commenting it out would also require the replaced item to be removed from main.tpl otherwise the validator would throw a hissy fit.

7 (edited by swdtech 2007-10-15 19:38)

First off it is not mine forum, I don't know what the forum owner has done with all files etc.

I asked for help to remove the error message, nothing else. The error message is gone now. And now I can check the config if needed. all PHP error reporting is on and no error is reported. I know there is a empty tag but that one doesn't fill up discspace with error logs.

It's still a bloody silly way to do it.