Re: PunBB 1.2.15

hdiffs

thanks. I didnt know what that was smile

can I upgrade to 1.2.15 from 1.2.12 using just the latest Patch ??? or mus I upgrade step by step freom 12 to 13, from 13 to 14, 14 to 15 ??? advise me please the easyest way, tnx

You can upgrade directly.

elbekko wrote:

You can upgrade directly.

but will include all the mods, fixes from 13, 14 also ? if not are  there Patch files for 13, 14 still available somewhere ?

You can use the hdiffs.

82 (edited by mman 2007-08-07 12:53)

elbekko wrote:

You can use the hdiffs.

yes I figured out that this will probably be the easyest way to do it. Just one more q (sorry im not expert, had never do a upgrade before), muss I after I made the chages using hdiffs, muss I run some install script or something or is this already patched and ready to go ?? tnx for answ

It could be that there are some database changes. I don't know for sure, but it should be fine to just download a 1.2.15 archive, and run db_update.php in the extras/ folder.

84 (edited by mman 2007-08-07 13:40)

ok will do that with db at the end... am just one more: I see that all files in hdiffs are changed in upload directory...  dont get it, I have these files somewhere else ... is this ok that I just just find thath file named and make changes ???

Yes, it doesn't matter where the files are.

o.k. elbekko many tnx !!!  For now I have managed to modify from 12. to 14. with no probs. I didnt update install.php becose I didnt find it in my forum folder - I hope this even dont mathers in my case, becose no new install was made - PLEASE CORRECT ME HERE IF IM WRONG!  In the end after hdiffs changes with my notepad , I just run 12_to_1214_update.php for db changes (btw this includes also the version number change in db).  Tomorow I will try to update to 15., hope it will be so smothe like this too. tnx again and regards!

install.php isn't a problem indeed.

Wait... You mean that to use the Hdiffs one who is at punbb 1.2.13 must upgrade first to punbb 1.2.14 before doing the same with 1.2.15?

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

No.

Okay, I'll give it a try smile.
Thanks.

To be more precise, there are hdiffs to go from any version to the latest.

elbekko wrote:

To be more precise, there are hdiffs to go from any version to the latest.

Oh ok... Now it's clearer. I'll look for the hdiff that I need.

I used hdiffs to upgrade from 1.2.12 to 1.2.15. I just made the changes to the file and ftp'd them up to the server. But the version number on my forum still says 1.2.12 and when I check for newer versions, it tells me there is still a new version. Is there something else I need to do?

TIA

Run the db update script included in the 1.2.15 download package.

So I need to do that even if I changed all the files by hand using hdiff? And since I don't have shell access can I run that update script using PunBB shell?

The hdiff shows the modifications to the files but you need to run db_update.php (via your web browser) to apply the modifications to the database.

Thomas J. Lucente Jr. wrote:

So I need to do that even if I changed all the files by hand using hdiff? And since I don't have shell access can I run that update script using PunBB shell?

- Get the punbb 1.2.15 zip, go to the extras folder, and get the "12_to_1215_update.php".
- Send it via ftp to your server.
- Go to your browser and run: xxx/forum/12_to_1215_update.php and then it's pretty simple.

I hope this helps smile.

Very much!!

Thanks.