1 (edited by MaxiJazz 2004-02-17 02:53)

Topic: Warning: Cannot modify header information

After installing PunBB+ alpha 1 in my Profile i recieve surprise:

$d = dir($pun_root.'style');
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/profile.php:1) in /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/include/functions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/profile.php:1) in /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/header.php on line 53

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/profile.php:1) in /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/header.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/profile.php:1) in /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/header.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/profile.php:1) in /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/header.php on line 56

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/profile.php:1) in /usr/home/maxijazz/emteam.pri.ee/punbb/header.php on line 57

After this errors going normal settings, but no Submit button at bottom. And no background too.

All others things works fine. Posts ok. Admin zone ok. Error in profile only.
Ah the Smile-Menu (the only one reason why i upgrade normal PunBB to this ++Alpha) not work too.

Can anyone help with this error?

Re: Warning: Cannot modify header information

This looks like it's a problem with PunBB++, so I've moved the topic into the mods forum.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The smile menu now works smile
But this error make me sick.

Just a quick question, cause this error is due to the fact that some text has already been sent to the navigator, and thus trying to send headers now is useless. Does the output appear exactly as you wrote it? I mean "$d = dir($pun_root.'style');" appears first thing in your screen and then these errors? If so, look for an echo('$d = dir($pun_root.\'style\');') (or something alike) instruction in include/functions.php on line 108 or simply check what is written there that's sending output already to the browser.

The thing is that you should download the updated profile.php.. (profile.php-fixed)

You'll find it here

6 (edited by MaxiJazz 2004-02-17 20:47)

With this "Update:D"  there no Submit button ^^
No errors, but no background and no submit button i see there:)

I am weak in Programming and i just replace the PunBB+ profile.php, with the original PunBB profile.php.

BTW Thnx U. Now all works ok. smile

p.s attachment mod is should be included in PunBB++ alpha 1?

p.p.s and i really hope that the Next PunBB will include the file with worked script or normal instruction "How to show the Last Topics in My Site" I spend a Day to read all discussions here about this, but still can`t make this. With RSS - No Topics are shown. With PHP include - Parse error or more Fatal Errors. All that instructions and solutions are really hard for normal (non PHP-Upgraded big_smile) people.

Lots of thanx !

MaxiJazz, for what you want, you should read the file extern.php
Essentially you include that file on your page and call the routine that you want, wherever you want. It covers several possibilities, you can show current users, latest post, etc...

I do the same thing like with profile.php. smile) I replace PunBB`s++ extern.php" with original extern.php and it works perfectly ! big_smile (Rss and php, all works)
Maybe my version of PunBB++ is too Bugged ? smile)

I go try install attachment mod wink after this i will be really Glad!
PunBB totally ownz!!!