Topic: pixelbitches

I'm working on a project with some friends and we were looking for some kind of project/content management system to help keep us organised.  It occured to me that alot of collaborative online work takes place on message boards so i thought i'd give one a try.  And i love it! punBB is so much fun, and very easy to style.  Just wanted to say thanks to the ppl who made it and hopefully I'll have a custom style I can put up for download soon.  Anyways here's how my forum is looking so far -

http://www.pixelbitches.com/forum/upload

Re: pixelbitches

Very nice site! I like the name :) However, light grey agains a bright yellow background? I got a headache after 10 seconds in the forums :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yeah I've been trying to make something that somewhat follows jakob neilsen's usability princaples (with blue and pink links) but also does the oppisite as well (with tiny unreadable text, and the colour combo you mentioned).  I'm going to keep playing with that yellow and hopefully end up with something that looks hyper-day-glo-bright , but keep a user around for more than a minute.  Thanks for the feedback.

Ok, cool. Other than that, I like the color scheme. It's just the grey and the yellow together that's a bit tough on the eyes :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Argh!11!!1

Them colours!!!

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

I've made a much friendlier version now, that takes out the yellows and replaces them with gradients. I'd still like to hear opinions if anyone has the time.  Thanks in advance smile

Of course, it's up to you, but IMHO it's too dim now. No character, so to say.

Ah, much better. I like it this way.

Which definitively proves we have different tastes. Of course, nobody's going to discuss, we all know I'm right, and what's more important: everybody else is wrong.

I like it better than before, but I lack definition, it's looks too empty for me. I see much more the pink of visited links as the non-visited ones, and IMHO, it should be the other way around (not that I mean links should be pink...)

it looks like a MAC forum type thing big_smile

You've got a very good point with links MarcB.  I'm starting to think that perhaps the built in usability of active, hover, link, visited links are not suited to a forum.  They seem to broadcast information which isn't really relevant to the user in most cases.

I've made some more minor changes.  I've removed the visited link colour altogether, and I added light bordering to make it seem a little more contained.

wow! that is excellent tongue Woke me up lol...