Topic: New forum not displayed

I went to the administration pannel and added a new forum, but it's not displayed in the page index.
What could have gone wrong?

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Re: New forum not displayed

Try cleaning your cache. Apart from that, no idea.

Have you edited the new forums name or description?

MattF wrote:

Have you edited the new forums name or description?

And position too, yes! But no trace for the forum.

I always go through three steps on occasions like this. Flush server cache, browser cache and try a different browser. If you can't see anything then, it's definitely a dig deeper problem. big_smile

So it seems that I am having a bigger problem ^^. I just did what you said, and nothing changed.

Forum link? You are browsing the board with suitable priviledges to see the newly added forum, I assume?

The link is in my signature now.
And I don't see what you mean.

Papillon wrote:

The link is in my signature now.

Cheers. smile What is the name of the missing forum, btw? No idea if it's visible without knowing what to look for. big_smile

Papillon wrote:

And I don't see what you mean.

Example: Have you made that forum only viewable by a certain group, and you are browsing the forum as a different group member? If you're logged in as admin, obviously that question is moot. smile

Moot means death in Arabic big_smile, or "die" -lol-.
The name of the forum should be in Arabic, and I did not change any forum settings for it. Just the name and description. And yes, I am logged in as an admin. Isn't all this strange? I wonder if this is a result of something I messed up in some recently installed mod or something.

Papillon wrote:

Moot means death in Arabic big_smile, or "die" -lol-.

Oops. big_smile Not one of the best words to use in future then. big_smile big_smile

Other than suggesting you post your index.php for checking over, I honestly don't know what else to suggest. Are there any php errors in your logs at all?

I don't know what it is like to "have errors in my logs"!

And here is index.php:

<?php
/***********************************************************************

Copyright (C) 2002-2005  Rickard Andersson (rickard@punbb.org)

This file is part of PunBB.

PunBB is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
  by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
  or (at your option) any later version.

PunBB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
  WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston,
  MA  02111-1307  USA

************************************************************************/

define('PUN_ROOT', './');
require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

if ($pun_user['g_read_board'] == '0')
    message($lang_common['No view']);

// Load the index.php language file
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/index.php';

$page_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']);
define('PUN_ALLOW_INDEX', 1);
require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';

// Print the categories and forums
$result = $db->query('SELECT c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.num_posts, f.last_post, f.last_post_id, f.last_poster, t.subject FROM '.$db->prefix.'categories AS c INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON c.id=f.cat_id INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t ON t.last_post_id=f.last_post_id LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1 ORDER BY c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position', true) or error('Unable to fetch category/forum list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

$cur_category = 0;
$cat_count = 0;
while ($cur_forum = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
{
    $moderators = '';

if ($cur_forum['cid'] != $cur_category)    // A new category since last iteration?
    {
        if ($cur_category != 0)
            echo "\t\t\t".'</tbody>'."\n\t\t\t".'</table>'."\n\t\t".'</div>'."\n\t".'</div>'."\n".'</div>'."\n\n";

++$cat_count;

?>
<div id="idx<?php echo $cat_count ?>" class="blocktable">
    <h2><span><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['cat_name']) ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
            <table cellspacing="0">
            <thead>
                <tr>
                    <th class="tcl" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Forum'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tc2" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_index['Topics'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tc3" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Posts'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tcr" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Last post'] ?></th>
                </tr>
            </thead>
            <tbody>
<?php

$cur_category = $cur_forum['cid'];
    }

$item_status = '';
    $icon_text = $lang_common['Normal icon'];
    $icon_type = 'icon';

// Are there new posts?
    if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $cur_forum['last_post'] > $pun_user['last_visit'])
    {
        $item_status = 'inew';
        $icon_text = $lang_common['New icon'];
        $icon_type = 'icon inew';
    }

// Is this a redirect forum?
    if ($cur_forum['redirect_url'] != '')
    {
        $forum_field = '<h3><a href="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['redirect_url']).'" title="'.$lang_index['Link to'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['redirect_url']).'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']).'</a></h3>';
        $num_topics = $num_posts = ' ';
        $item_status = 'iredirect';
        $icon_text = $lang_common['Redirect icon'];
        $icon_type = 'icon';
    }
    else
    {
        $forum_field = '<h3><a href="viewforum.php?id='.$cur_forum['fid'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']).'</a></h3>';
        $num_topics = $cur_forum['num_topics'];
        $num_posts = $cur_forum['num_posts'];
    }

if ($cur_forum['forum_desc'] != '')
        $forum_field .= "\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".$cur_forum['forum_desc'];

// Display the last topic
    $idm = $cur_forum['subject'];
    if(strlen($idm) > 30) {
        $idmComp = str_replace('"', "''", $idm);
        $idm = substr($idm, 0, 30).'...';
    } else
        $idmComp = '';

// If there is a last_post/last_poster.
    if ($cur_forum['last_post'] != '') {
        $idmT = (isset($idmComp)) ? ' title="'.$idmComp.'"' : '';
        $last_post = format_time($cur_forum['last_post']).'<br />in <a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$cur_forum['last_post_id'].'#p'.$cur_forum['last_post_id'].'"'.$idmT.'><em>'.$idm.'</em></a><br /><span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['last_poster']).'</span>';
    } else
        $last_post = ' ';

if ($cur_forum['moderators'] != '')
    {
        $mods_array = unserialize($cur_forum['moderators']);
        $moderators = array();

while (list($mod_username, $mod_id) = @each($mods_array))
            $moderators[] = '<a href="profile.php?id='.$mod_id.'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($mod_username).'</a>';

$moderators = "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><em>('.$lang_common['Moderated by'].'</em> '.implode(', ', $moderators).')</p>'."\n";
    }

?>
                 <tr<?php if ($item_status != '') echo ' class="'.$item_status.'"'; ?>>
                    <td class="tcl">
                        <div class="intd">
                            <div class="<?php echo $icon_type ?>"><div class="nosize"><?php echo $icon_text ?></div></div>
                            <div class="tclcon">
                                <?php echo $forum_field."\n".$moderators ?>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </td>
                    <td class="tc2"><?php echo $num_topics ?></td>
                    <td class="tc3"><?php echo $num_posts ?></td>
                    <td class="tcr"><?php echo $last_post ?></td>
                </tr>
<?php

}

// Did we output any categories and forums?
if ($cur_category > 0)
    echo "\t\t\t".'</tbody>'."\n\t\t\t".'</table>'."\n\t\t".'</div>'."\n\t".'</div>'."\n".'</div>'."\n\n";
else
    echo '<div id="idx0" class="block"><div class="box"><div class="inbox"><p>'.$lang_index['Empty board'].'</p></div></div></div>';

// Collect some statistics from the database
$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id)-1 FROM '.$db->prefix.'users') or error('Unable to fetch total user count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$stats['total_users'] = $db->result($result);

$result = $db->query('SELECT id, username FROM '.$db->prefix.'users ORDER BY registered DESC LIMIT 1') or error('Unable to fetch newest registered user', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$stats['last_user'] = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

$result = $db->query('SELECT SUM(num_topics), SUM(num_posts) FROM '.$db->prefix.'forums') or error('Unable to fetch topic/post count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
list($stats['total_topics'], $stats['total_posts']) = $db->fetch_row($result);

?>
<div id="brdstats" class="block">
    <h2><span><?php echo $lang_index['Board info'] ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
            <dl class="conr">
                <dt><strong><?php echo $lang_index['Board stats'] ?></strong></dt>
                <dd><?php echo $lang_index['No of users'].': <strong>'. $stats['total_users'] ?></strong></dd>
                <dd><?php echo $lang_index['No of topics'].': <strong>'.$stats['total_topics'] ?></strong></dd>
                <dd><?php echo $lang_index['No of posts'].': <strong>'.$stats['total_posts'] ?></strong></dd>
            </dl>
            <dl class="conl">
                <dt><strong><?php echo $lang_index['User info'] ?></strong></dt>
                <dd><?php echo $lang_index['Newest user'] ?>: <a href="profile.php?id=<?php echo $stats['last_user']['id'] ?>"><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($stats['last_user']['username']) ?></a></dd>
<?php

if ($pun_config['o_users_online'] == '1')
{
    // Fetch users online info and generate strings for output
    $num_guests = 0;
    $users = array();
    $result = $db->query('SELECT user_id, ident FROM '.$db->prefix.'online WHERE idle=0 ORDER BY ident', true) or error('Unable to fetch online list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

while ($pun_user_online = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
    {
        if ($pun_user_online['user_id'] > 1)
            $users[] = "\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user_online['user_id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user_online['ident']).'</a>';
        else
            ++$num_guests;
    }

$num_users = count($users);
// users on line today 
    $date = getdate(time());
    $todaystamp = mktime(0,0,0, $date['mon'], $date['mday'], $date['year']);

$result = $db->query("SELECT username, id, last_visit from ".$db->prefix."users WHERE last_visit >= '".$todaystamp."' ORDER by last_visit DESC") or error("Unable to find the list of the users online today", __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

$users_today = array();
    while ($pun_user_online_today = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
        $users_today[] .=  "\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user_online_today['id'].'" title="Last visit of '.$pun_user_online_today['username'].' : '.format_time($pun_user_online_today['last_visit']).'">'.$pun_user_online_today['username'].'</a>';

$num_users_today = count($users_today);
    echo "\t\t\t\t".'<dd>'. $lang_index['Users online'].': <strong>'.$num_users.'</strong></dd>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd>'.$lang_index['Users today'].': <strong>'.$num_users_today.'</strong></dd>'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd>'.$lang_index['Guests online'].': <strong>'.$num_guests.'</strong></dd>'."\n\t\t\t".'</dl>'."\n";

if ($num_users > 0)
        echo "\t\t\t".'<dl id="onlinelist" class= "clearb">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<dt><strong>'.$lang_index['Online'].': </strong></dt>'."\t\t\t\t".implode(',</dd> ', $users).'</dd>'."\n\t\t\t".'</dl>'."\n";
    else
        echo "\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n";

// list users on line today
    echo "\t\t\t".'<dl id="onlinetodaylist">'."\n\t\t\t\t".'<dt><strong>'.$lang_index['Online today'].': </strong></dt>';

if ($num_users_today > 0) 
        echo implode(',</dd> ', $users_today).'</dd>'."\n\t\t\t".'</dl>'."\n";
    else
        echo '<dd><em></em></dd>'."\n\t\t\t".'</dl>'."\n";

}
else
    echo "\t\t".'</dl>'."\n\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n";

?>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
<div id="announce" class="block">
    <h2><span><b>Top 10 most active users</b></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
            <div>
<?php

$result = $db->query('SELECT id, username, num_posts FROM '.$db->prefix.'users ORDER BY num_posts DESC, username LIMIT 10') or error('Unable to fetch user data', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
while ($data = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
{
    if ($data['id'] != 1)
    {
        echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<a href="profile.php?id='.$data['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($data['username']).'</a> ('.$data['num_posts'].') '."\n";
    }
}

?>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
</div>

<?php

$footer_style = 'index';
require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';

14 (edited by oneless 2007-10-31 22:18)

fpouget`s version of Last post's subject on forum index hides forums which are empty.

Oh! It could be that!
So I need to post a topic in some other forum, and THEN move it to the new created forum in order to make it appear?
I'd love to test that, but damn it... those four functions at the left bottom of the forum do not seem to work for me.

Yes that would work, presuming your mod options aren`t broke.. though they work fine here.

Otherwise you could temporarily undo the mod.