Topic: freelancers for punbb projects and styles.

OK, people I have started working on the site.

To many times i have seen where people have asked for stuff to be designed or done and hey even offer a small amount of $$ to get this coding or style done...
well No more !!
I'm currently looking for a staff to help run and maintain the site.
freelancers for punbb projects and styles.

http://punlancer.com -->main site!
http://punlancer.com/forum -->forum free downloads of codes and projects!

So go sign up at both site and enjoy maybe you as a webmaster and freelancer you can get your code done!!

PunLancer is a one stop resource provider for webmasters and freelancers for contract work.
For Webmasters
Webmasters can benefit from hiring some of the Internet's best programmers and designers for freelance work inlcuding:
Features:
    * Great rates
    * Funding via PayPal
    * Private contract message boards
    * Strict moderation for quality assurance
Freelancers
Freelancers can benefit from hiring some of the Internet's best programmers and designers for freelance work inlcuding:
Features:
    * Awesome percentage rates
    * Easy payment system using PayPal
    * Strict moderation for quality assurance

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Re: freelancers for punbb projects and styles.

That's cool.

I will keep an eye on it.
This can actually pump up plugins/mods development if both parts agree on releasing it.

Nice style there.

I think that site can particularly handy when punbb 1.3 comes.

i agree 100% free membership! working on a few mods to inhances the site. online store which will be ready soon.

Thanks for the comment...

Q

The store mod looks strikingly similiar to the code I posted over a year ago here at PunBB wink Although the code is free to use I suspect it would be illegal for you to charge for it.

The original source code came from dyn-web.com - you should look into it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the mod working with Pun smile Last time we spoke about it we had managed to integrate it into the Pun design easily enough and you had worked on an Admin Panel that allowed products to be added easily. You sent me the files over but  probably misplaced them by now.

Any update on how long you think the mod will take to finish, and how much you are planning to charge for it? Definately interested in playing with the mod even if I have nothing to sell lol

downliner wrote:

Any update on how long you think the mod will take to finish, and how much you are planning to charge for it?

Not sure how long it will take, but the price I think we said something about $5 or so.. But that is with Paypal API working smile

6 (edited by quaker 2007-11-01 01:14)

many thanks to downliner for sharing the version.5 and to xumix for taking it to the next step.
now elbekko is currently working on it......

thanks to everyone effort at punlancer.

Q

quaker wrote:

many thanks to downliner for sharing the version.5 and to xumix for taking it to the next step.

That does somewhat contradict your statement over on PunRes:

I specially had it designed or started on a long time ago.

MattF wrote:

That does somewhat contradict your statement over on PunRes:

I specially had it designed or started on a long time ago.

Quakers statement is actually pretty accurate smile When I posted the original source code to the store it was a request for help, which Quaker answered. It was an active topic at the time, mainly because the code was so easy to integrate into PunBB designs, but it never got off the ground due to PayPal not functioning correctly.

The original source code meant users had to add products by editing an array file. When the topic at PunBB died Quaker continued to work on it, or outsourced the work to his friends etc, and actually made the store into a decent PunBB mod giving Admins the ability to easily add products without editing files.

I wasn't trying to be a dick when I said the source code wasn't his to sell. He's put a lot of time into making the mod and as I understand has re-written a majority of it and taken it further. I just didn't want Quaker getting into any legal trouble by selling the mod. The original source code wasn't posted up here to be turned into a mod ~ it was posted in the Programming section and Quaker just kinda picked it up and dropped it into PunBB lol.

Looking forward to testing the finished product out big_smile

downliner wrote:

Quakers statement is actually pretty accurate smile When I posted the original source code to the store it was a request for help, which Quaker answered. It was an active topic at the time, mainly because the code was so easy to integrate into PunBB designs, but it never got off the ground due to PayPal not functioning correctly.

Personally I would say it's misleading, but that is just my personal opinion. smile

downliner wrote:

I wasn't trying to be a dick when I said the source code wasn't his to sell.

The though never crossed my mind. smile

quaker, did you change your PunBB version to 1.3 on PunLancer? It's looks like 1.3, and I can't understand - maybe it's just a template for 1.2 (because the posts not in 1.3 style looks)...
That's why I ask smile

@TuxPirate - Well, that's actually a compliment. I made the theme. Props to me..:D

tux, thqank bingiman for the style... it sorta grows on you huh?

to solve all the issue with the store mod...

the store mod has been talked about by me and elbekko and is decided to be completely rewrote from line 1.
it will not use any of the current store files.
thanks everyone for joining PunLancer

Q

Is punlancer still active?

not really, sorta dead... good idea but lacking the people to follow up on stuff..

Q

Too bad. Anticipating the big Stimulus Package checks, I was needing a PunBB pro to look at a stumbling block we're having on our Joomla compnent based on PunBB. Would have rather dealt with someone familiar to Pun than going someplace like Scriptlance. Our budget is small and we really just need someone to tell us WHAT to fix than actually fixing it.

smarty,mattf,elbekko would be my pick for something like that.
also utchin, he a really good guy and quick to return stuff.. i have paid him to design a few mods for me...

Q

Finaly logged in to check things...

Yeah i dont mind having a look at it for free.. Used joomla aswell so i might be able to help.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

hummmm.. matt1298.....324823428304720834723472347230492

do i know you?

hahaha...
Q

Check us out at www.joomlame.com.

grumblemarc wrote:

stumbling block we're having on our Joomla compnent based on PunBB.

What's the problem you're experiencing?

grumblemarc , i like the site.. just dont like the long file name that comes with joolma.....

example: errrrr

index.php?option=com_agora&Itemid=33&task=userlist&username=&show_group=-1&sort_by=username&sort_dir=ASC&p=3

22 (edited by grumblemarc 2008-05-06 19:45)

Here are a few. These are the ones left. Not many others to debug.

# User online now works but time user does not expire. Once online, always online Would like to get this to use the database instead of cookies.

# User List search does not work

# Info (quotes, attachements, titles) randomly drops off of post when editing.

Mind you this is a modified version of PunBB that was turned into a component for Joomla. Some of the mods implemented were not done correctly or were outdated WHEN implemented.

As far as the NON SEF URLs . That's Joomla for you. Lot's of extensions to take care of that though.

What MY goal is is to eventually knock FireBoard off the top of the hill. Right now it is the only OTHER integrated forum for Joomla 1.0.xx at this point but is so full of bugs (and ultra slow development) and I'd like to offer the Joomla community something better.

Understand that there are only 2 of us and we are nothing more than glorified code hackers. Would LOVE to partner with a full fledged coder/developer.

i think if you validate some errors that will sout out any visual bugs?
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 … ame.com%2F

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Argh!

Actually none of our issues with Agora are visual.

Where's the software?