Topic: A new corporate forum

We just set this up today: http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/

Nothing fancy, but we like how it is visually integrated with the main site (which is based on TextPattern).

Re: A new corporate forum

Doesn't seem all that bad, but the black background doesn't really suit the site layout.

You should make the width of the board smaller, then it will look good with the main site smile

i agree with PhaxeNor..

To change the width and center the forum

Item 5.1 in .css change this

#punwrap {margin: 12px 20px}

to this

#punwrap {width: 760px; margin: 12px auto}

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

5 (edited by redneck 2007-11-06 14:53)

I guess that's good advice, to make the forum fit the rest of the site better.  But one of the things I don't like about the site design is its fixed width.

Anyway, I made the change Quaker suggested but also found I had to change the positioning of the H1 header from absolute to relative.  Everything seems to work.

CSS is a little scary.

Edit: Anyone have any advice about how to remove the light-colored outline from around the header graphic?  I can't find a line to edit in CSS.  I suppose I'll have to add a new line?

Looks very nice now. Makes me feel that i'm still on the same site smile

And yea CSS is a little scary, but thats why we have forums like punbb,  punres and punlancer wink So you can ask smile
I don't much about the CSS part so can't really help you there. Quaker is the one that does that job tongue

redneck wrote:

Edit: Anyone have any advice about how to remove the light-colored outline from around the header graphic?  I can't find a line to edit in CSS.  I suppose I'll have to add a new line?

I may be incorrect, but try setting:

border: 0;

in the css for the image block.