Topic: admin_options.php?action=foo

Hi Guys n Gals

I have been running with PunBB since Jan 2006

I have just logged in as usual using my administrator account details to change the announcment message.

However when clicking submit im taken to this url

mydomainname.com/admin_options.php?action=foo

Any idea after nearly 2 years this should be happening?

Thanks
Roger

**********************************************************************************************
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin_options.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.39 Server at (removed url) Port 80
***********************************************************************************************

Re: admin_options.php?action=foo

Talk to your host, that sounds like bad mod_security rules

Can you tell me what the mod_security rules be set as? note I host this on my own server have the configuration has not been changed since its installation.

Apart from the error with admin functioin are you aware of other problems i should be having if it is bad mod_sec rules? as from what i can tell the front end for mebers works fine.

Thnaks Again
Roger

The mod security rules are a large and complex ruleset. I don't know what ruleset you're using and I don't know why things would have changed suddenly. The most recent rules from gotroot.com should not have an issue like this.

Ok these have been checked and are as per gotroot. however the issue remains the same. Does anyone else know aof anyother reason for this error?

Thanks
Roger

Could you check your error_log and see if it tells you more?

All clear on the error log, so thought i would try doing the latest upgrade and its has fixed the error. Very odd.

Thanks anyhow

Roger