Re: PunBB 1.2.16

Vi skulle nog uppdatera till nyare versionen
We should update to the new version
Aan de nieuwe versie zou moeten bijwerken

Regards

Maybe I'm wrong but I ain't got the lines shown in previous posts which need to be modify for security,
When I compare the updated file include /functions.php with the one I got from 1.2.15 there's this differences

old :

// Update posts, topics, last_post, last_post_id and last_poster for a forum (redirect topics are not included)

new :

// Update posts, topics, last_post, last_post_id and last_poster for a forum

old :

$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id), SUM(num_replies) FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE moved_to IS NULL AND forum_id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to fetch forum topic count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

new :

$result = $db->query('SELECT COUNT(id), SUM(num_replies) FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to fetch forum topic count', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

old :

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'forums SET num_topics=0, num_posts=0, last_post=NULL, last_post_id=NULL, last_poster=NULL WHERE id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to update last_post/last_post_id/last_poster', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

new :

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'forums SET num_topics='.$num_topics.', num_posts='.$num_posts.', last_post=NULL, last_post_id=NULL, last_poster=NULL WHERE id='.$forum_id) or error('Unable to update last_post/last_post_id/last_poster', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

old :

if ($destination_url == '')
        $destination_url = 'index.php';

new :

// Prefix with o_base_url (unless it's there already)
    if (strpos($destination_url, $pun_config['o_base_url']) !== 0)
        $destination_url = $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/'.$destination_url;

// Do a little spring cleaning
    $destination_url = preg_replace('/([\r\n])|(%0[ad])|(;[\s]*data[\s]*:)/i', '', $destination_url);

old :

if ($register_globals === "" || $register_globals === "0" || strtolower($register_globals === "off"))

new :

if ($register_globals === "" || $register_globals === "0" || strtolower($register_globals) === "off")

Do I need to do the changes ? if yes , is it enough or I need to do something else like it's indicated in "Instructions on upgrading PunBB using patch files"

gil wrote:
gil wrote:

About documentation, the http://punbb.org/docs/install.html is not up to date :
There are several "1.2.12" in place of "1.2.14" (and a "12_to_1212_update.php" of course).
Sorry to only discover serious problems smile

(note; the install.html file in 1.2.14 zip package is OK)

Sorry, I was not present for the 1.2.15 version smile

I think my message was a little bit unclear smile :
  http://punbb.org/docs/install.html is not up to date (several 1.2.14 in place of 1.2.16)!

Dax701: I didn't go through all the changes in your post, but those look like exactly the lines you're supposed to modify wink
gil: Yes. But the version number being slightly off doesn't matter all that much. wink

Is it a big deal if I still have in admin.index the 1.2.15 although I just upgraded to 1.2.16?

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Run the update script in the extras folder.

It happens to me... Every time!!
Thanks Smartys. smile

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Hi Smartys,

Smartys wrote:

Run the update script in the extras folder.

I have only replaced the two files manually. Should I run the update script to update the version number in the admin area?

Regards
Tom

Yeah, you might as well so you remember what version you're running smile

Should I upgrade each and every time there's a new version? Or can I just upgrade from 1.2.13 to 1.2.16?

Stupid question but I can't find the answer..

Also Smarty, I sent you a form email 2 weeks ago, you might not have received it as I read you had issues receiving form emails..

Yes, form emails to punbb.org addresses don't work. Send me an email to smartys at this domain.
And http://punbb.org/download/hdiff/hdiff-1 … .2.16.html should help you smile
And yes, you should upgrade whenever possible to address any security issues.

Smartys wrote:

Yes, form emails to punbb.org addresses don't work.

Why is that?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Smartys wrote:

And http://punbb.org/download/hdiff/hdiff-1 … .2.16.html should help you smile
And yes, you should upgrade whenever possible to address any security issues.

Thanks! the hdiff files are really helpful.. I upgraded to .14 then .15 and .16 in less than 2h..

Appart from the fact that the Hide User 1.0 mod doesn't seem to get along with 1.12.15 everything else seems fine!

64 (edited by Vanslyde 2007-12-26 09:17)

mmhh.. Whenever I submit a post using 1.2.16 I'm being redirected to the Index, while in 1.2.15 I was being redirected to viewtopic.php?pid=XXXX (the post I just made) (*edit: strange that this doesn't happen here though)

viewtopic.php?pid=XXXX is a better option in my opinion because when redirected to the Index the Mark topics as read 1.1.3 mod will unfortunately display a New Message Icon in the section I just wrote in..

Since I can't tell if the New Message Icon is there because of my own post I just wrote or another one made by another user while I was wrtiting my post, I think this might become annoying..

What line should I change in order to go back to viewtopic.php?pid=XXXX whenever I post a message?

I'm a little confused.  You have version 1.2.9 and now there is 1.2.16

I seem to be missing something.  Please help

Dr.Jeckyl: sendmail is being silly
Vanslyde: You should be redirected to viewtopic.php, that's how the code works. Post your code in Troubleshooting
Vida: 9 < 16 wink

67 (edited by TJ_TeeJay 2007-12-29 21:40)

Not sure if I should be posting this here or in Troubleshooting, but I'm also having the redirect-to-index problem after I've upgraded to version 1.2.16 today. (Meaning that whenever you post something, once you hit the Submit button, you are redirected to the index page of the forum and not to your post you just made.) Since I don't know much about PHP, I have no idea how to fix it and I haven't found anything when I searched the forum from which I could gather how to fix it. Maybe I'm just not well-versed enough to understand how I can fix it...

So I would really appreciate if someone could help me out. I also don't know what code you need me to post so you can see where my problem might be. You don't want me to post the whole functions.php code, right? I'm using some mods, so I don't just want to go and replace my functions.php with the one from the update package.

I'm guessing this is what's causing the problem, though, right?

// Prefix with o_base_url (unless it's there already)
    $destination_url = 'index.php';    
    if (strpos($destination_url, $pun_config['o_base_url']) !== 0)
     $destination_url = $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/'.$destination_url;

// Do a little spring cleaning
     $destination_url = preg_replace('/([\r\n])|(%0[ad])|(;[\s]*data[\s]*:)/i', '', $destination_url);

Help! smile

My forum is located at www.chris-marquette.com/forum
You can post without registering in the Guestbook section if anyone wants to try it out to see what I mean.

-TeeJay

That index.php line shouldn't be there.

Thanks so much, Smartys!! That did it. I'm so glad that everything's working fine again. smile

-TeeJay

How do you create a new post?

You just did.

thanks for all information a get it