Topic: Searches with a large number of results fail

Probably has something to do with PunBB's search caching.  On PunBB forums where some users have a very large number of posts, this makes it impossible to view their most recent posts.

http://punbb.org/forums/search.php?acti … rch=Submit

Re: Searches with a large number of results fail

Yay! I've seen this bug pointed out before (or a similar one), but I've never had a testcase that I could replicate locally until now big_smile
I'll take a look at it this weekend or so.

Hooray... This is the one I have reported before but couldnt get it working consistantly.

Good find...

Smartys do your thing tongue

Had th same trouble a loooong time ago. Very very annoying. Not sure it is punbb related though, I think it is related to the search queries being terribly long and exceeding a weird mysql limit, maybe. We solved the problem by adding a limit clause to searches.

OK, I've found the issue. The size of the query exceeded the size of a TEXT column, which is what we were using, so the inserted data was silently truncated. The fix is to simply make the search_data column in the search_cache table a MEDIUMTEXT column, which can hold much more data than a TEXT column.

tongue Good man smartys.

It's what I thought it would be, I just had to test it out tongue

Works for me smile Thanks! This issue has been bugging us for quite a long time now smile

Sweet smile