Topic: 'Online' table

Online table does not accept to be either repaired or optimised in phpMyAdmin

This is the message I get for repair table:
The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair table
and this for optimise table
The storage engine for the table doesn't support optimize table

The particular table currently has an overhead.

Can anyone advise me on how I can repair the overhead?

Re: 'Online' table

The fact that it has some overhead is not a problem. It just means that it occupies a bit more memory than it ideally could. The data in the online table is never stored to disk (it's a "HEAP" table), so if you really wanted to get rid of the overhead, you could restart MySQL.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

The fact that it has some overhead is not a problem. It just means that it occupies a bit more memory than it ideally could. The data in the online table is never stored to disk (it's a "HEAP" table), so if you really wanted to get rid of the overhead, you could restart MySQL.

Hi Rickard, thanks for the response
I am hosted in textdrive. This is not a localhost database. Is it possible for me to restart mySQL when it is hosted?

I don't think so. Then again, you need not worry about the overhead unless it's a lot.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i am facing same issue. I am getting an error in my forum:
Error: Unable to fetch old entries from online list.

when i click Optimize from phpmyadmin i get same error the the table format is not supported. but earlier it worked.

what should I do now?

thankx in advance

Optimize is not the issue there, and as Rickard said a HEAP table can not be optimized. If you want to find the source of the error, enable debug mode and paste the full error.