Topic: error during install

i have uploaded all the files and everything, and started my installation. i filed in the fields on the page and clicked begin install. but then this came up:

An error occured on line 58 in file /home/25/w59673/ww-studio/punBB/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

what is wrong?

Re: error during install

Sounds like you tried to connect to a MySQL server on localhost. If the MySQL server is supposed to be on localhost, make sure that it's running. If not, you'll need to put in the correct address for the MySQL server.

oh tongue i thought i did that tongue but now i entered the right host and this came:

An error occured on line 58 in file /home/25/w59673/ww-studio/punBB/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'ww-studio.com' (146)

i know its the right one, copied from my FTP. and i can log on

That's the URL for your site, is that the right address for your MySQL server? If you're unsure, ask your host.

is the MySQL hot, the username for it? i thought wrong when filling info, and wrote FTP username. but now this came up

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Unknown MySQL server host 'whitewings' (1)

i checked with the host

i got it working now smile