Topic: Best forums

Hello,

can someone give me working codes (plugins, etc.) - all you think are good to have on forum because my members are starting to requesting better forum (more options, etc.)

Thanks.

Re: Best forums

That's really up to you and your users. You need to decide what other kinds of features you need.

3 (edited by dera 2008-01-09 23:35)

I like punbb because it's unicate, dont have thousants of plugins but my members dont
That's why I ask you.. what do you suggest

There were lots of requests from my members and I cant give them all, but also when I was trying to find them.. a lots of them didnt work and make me a bigger problem so I ask you to help.

For example I like your plugins on punbb-hosting.com

Again though, it's not about what we like but about what your members want. If your members don't care about attaching files, there's no need to install the attachment mod, for example.
If you're having trouble installing modifications, you should ask for help over at PunRes.

dera wrote:

all you think are good to have on forum because my members are starting to requesting better forum (more options, etc.)

Note: a better forum is not a forum with more things on it.

Quite the opposite in fact.

Same as in design: your work is finished when there's nothing left to remove; not when there's nothing more to add.

Jérémie wrote:

Same as in design: your work is finished when there's nothing left to remove; not when there's nothing more to add.

Love that. So true. big_smile

As I already said, for me punbb is best because it doenst have every thing but the problem is in my members that I must satisfied.

Smartys, I dont have problems with installing it but to find good code
Here are some of requests:
- chatbox (on index)
- polls
- youtube, dailymotion, etc. (that I can put clip to watch on forum)

These are some of them.. if I remember I'll put more.

Thanks.

Look over on PunRes. Those mods are available there.

MattF wrote:

Look over on PunRes. Those mods are available there.

but there are a lot of not-working things

And what does not working mean?

code wrong
not correct

dera wrote:

code wrong
not correct

All the ones that I've ever used seem to work just fine.

dera wrote:

code wrong
not correct

I mean this in a nice way, but if you're going to give such useless responses regarding specific questions, then expect useless replies.

hahah, whatever
I hope Smartys help me

I can't help you if you're just going to give 5 word answers wink
Now, as I said, if you're having trouble installing modifications, you should ask for help over at PunRes. Most modifications work perfectly fine with the current version of PunBB, as my site can attest to.

Even over at PunRes you are going to have to give better info if you want any help.

What is the problem(s) you are having? What mods are you trying to install? What errors, if any, come up.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Just go to punres dude all the mods are good. Iv prlly been through literally every one testing and iv gotten them to work easliy. The only code tharts not up to date on them is the version which your supose to edit yourself with the current version your runnng in the install_mod.php file. This will look like 1.2.14 or 1.2.11 etc. you jsut change it to 1.2.16 if your running the latest version and then run it and follow the instructions. Theres only a couple mods where theres a typo in the readme that will give you an error but its common sense because its a simple ; missing at the end of a line of code. Just watch for them. Cant be too sure but the one with that typo i believe is the color usergroup but thats just off top of my head cant be completely certain.

As for suggestions as they say you need to pick and yes you may be satisfied and you say your members arnt well then only ask your members not us there the ones your trying to make happy.

I think that the Mark as read mod, PM mod, and easy bbcode mod are a must for any forums.. but if you had to pick just one, I'd say the Mark as read is essential.

marked as read is already implememnted by default in the board itself? You are talking bout the mark all topics as read right? iIts in the top right corner.

20 (edited by Vanslyde 2008-01-19 00:19)

Sorry I meant Mark topic as read
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6101

This mod makes it so that topics are no longer marked as
"new" in the forum view after they have been read, if
they have not been posted in since being read.  This
mod also works on the list of forums in index.php.

I find it extremely useful

It's interesting topic!
Punbb is just like jereme said,,better forum is just simple that but not so many trash features and extensions.

If you running a large commercial site,you need programming your forum and websites by yourself company, so that you gotta better forum.

You know facebook and myspace is powerful enough,ehe?so the code are programmed by them self but not from opensource community.

I think you could understand me.all things need "worth"!

By the way,my forum powered by pun,but even more simple than punnbb itself.

I got pun status moved, got userlist moved,got chech user online or off moved,

I think necessarily plugin is spam control and rewrite!( So both reaaly need added in 1.3 )

23 (edited by MattF 2008-01-19 14:50)

qie wrote:

I think necessarily plugin is spam control and rewrite!( So both reaaly need added in 1.3 )

I really cannot see the point of url rewriting, personally. It's a bastardisation of a legitimate uri scheme because, in simple terms, the search engines like it. I honestly cannot understand how people wish to humour the search engines when they have designed indexing systems and parsers, (to work with a with a known and documented system, i.e: http vars), and written a parser/indexing system that theoretically is following/preferring filesystem semantic rules.

try megapun

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Well when i read a topic on my board it is no longer marked as unread either... And I havent added that mod. I believe that standard as well.