Topic: Highlight Search Results

This is on phpbb and i would like it to be used on this system, a highlight option, where the search results are highlighted.

p.s, is it possible to use the user management system accross an entire site. I.e. include a file and then certain options on the page will be avaliable dependng if the user is logged in?

thanks

smile

Re: Highlight Search Results

mavoric wrote:

This is on phpbb and i would like it to be used on this system, a highlight option, where the search results are highlighted.

Maybe. I'll consider it.

mavoric wrote:

p.s, is it possible to use the user management system accross an entire site. I.e. include a file and then certain options on the page will be avaliable dependng if the user is logged in?

Yes. Have a look at the top of basically all scripts. First, $pun_root is defined, then include/common.php is included. After that, you have access to a number of PunBB arrays. Here's an example:

$pun_root = './forums/';  // Path to the forum root directory (must be defined)
require $pun_root.'include/common.php';

if ($cookie['is_guest'])
{
    // The visitor is a guest. Do whatever.
}
else
{
    // The visitor is logged in.

echo 'Hello '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_user['username']);
}
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

thanks, il try that

ok, i tried that (but i put it in a file to include), but it said thought i was a guest, so i went and checked, and it said i was logged on

do you know whats causing this?

5 (edited by jochem 2004-02-27 18:33)

for me it's the other way around, i'm always logged in, even after i logged out...
but it only shows "Hello", it does not show the username.

do you have to put it in te root directory to make this work?

thats wierd for it to do that jochem, i know in phpbb i used to have that prob

oh, and Rickard, that doesn't show the username

Sorry, it should be username, not Username. I've update the post above to reflect the change.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

it is so weird, after i gave manually removed the cookie from my hd, i'm logged off from the forum, but the page i put that code on still shows me as logged in and shows my username.... mmm.

Yes, that is weird. Try removing all your cookies or something.

well, on my laptop i'm always a guest, it's a new laptop so there are/were no cookies on it yet when i tried. But after logging in i keep being a guest on that page...

Well, then it's a problem with your browser or you have incorrect settings for cookie_domain and/or cookie_path in your config.php.

ok this seems wierd, when i put that code in, it makes my server run in ultra slow mode. So i changed it to require_once, and it still caused it

any ideas?

Nope, no idea. What happens exactly?

ok don't worry i sorted it, just had made it do a loop so it had to load a file in which it was already loading

thanks