Topic: a few new problems

Hello,

I've been using PunBB for awhile for different games, etc  We are using version 1.2.15, still.

I just moved PunBB over to a new website, and I can not get any new skins to show, for one thing.  I edit the colors in the CSS page manually, save them as a new CSS file and upload under styles, and styles > import for the _cs.css page, respectively.

I select them on the forum, and they just don't show.  They always show the colors of the default template that I modify, no matter which one I make the changes to.  I try selecting the new template under personal profile and as the forum default.

Also I can't post.  I type up a post, and get the error "Error: Unable to fetch topic info".  Then once back on the forum index, I can see my new thread, but when I click on it, it still says Error: Unable to fetch topic info.

Please advise,

thanks.

Re: a few new problems

For the first issue: could you provide a link to your forum which is having the issue?
For the second issue: Enable debug mode and paste the full error
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2658

Sure,

thedaeva.org

and here is the complete error, thank you for the guide smile

File: /home/1012/domains/thedaeva.org/html/members/viewtopic.php
Line: 98

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch topic info

Database reported: Unknown column 't.user_views' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054)

The colors are annoying, I suppose, but a default theme is not unbearable for now.  Mostly I would like to be able to set up posting to begin with.  The rest I probably can't fix before work, anyways.

Thanks,

Casey

okay I installed 1.2.16, and now we can post again.

I'm having the same problems with the colors, so any advice on that front would be handy.  I've tried just editing the original templates, but the changes aren't displaying, and I've tried making all new files, they are showing up as choices in the display list, but then when you select them, they just show the colors of whatever default skin I modified.

Re: your database problem
The user_views column is not a default PunBB column, so it sounds like you modified your code for a modification and then didn't run the database script for that modification.

Re: your style problem
I don't see any skins other than the default ones that come with PunBB.

I deleted them when they wouldn't work.  I made a new one today off of the Mercury template.  The colors are not balanced, yet, so it is a bit hard to read.  It is uploaded, however, with Daeva.css in styles, and Daeva_cs.css in Imports.  It is set as the forum default, currently.

Thanks again for all the help,

Casey

http://thedaeva.org/members/style/Daeva.css

/* Import the colour scheme */
@import url(imports/Mercury_cs.css);

That needs to be changed, obviously wink