Topic: Don't you love the "Antiques Roadshow"

For you non-UK readers, this is a TV show where experts will value your items that you may have in your house.

Some woman just had an array of pieces of jewellry, each bought for 10p (about the price of a lollipop) just a month ago.

One was worth £2
The most were valued £20-50
And the final piece was worth £750-1000

I'd hate to be the mug who sold it for 10p :)

Re: Don't you love the "Antiques Roadshow"

Joey wrote:

I'd hate to be the mug who sold it for 10p :)

Hrm, that's like one of those "Joey-things" as we call them in sweden ;)

Get out

Nah.. Too cold outside :p

Btw. I'd never let those people into my room. It'd be like trash, trash, trash and.. trash ;)

They don't let them into your home actually :D

The tour the country going to Town Halls and such, and people bring along their things!

What you want to watch is "Cash in the Attic", where they invade your home and value things..

Swedes :rolleyes:

The funniest parts on the Antiques Roadshow are when people bring in items which they think are worth a fortune, and have driven hundreds of miles to get it valued... only to find its worth absolutely nothing.

muahah smile

That disappointed "oh.." they give when they realise Granny's priceless heir looms are actually bits of yarn :D

8 (edited by Andy 2004-02-29 23:12)

its quality tv when that happens wink

In most cases it isn't a dissapointed "oh" though... amusingly, they start to attack the valuer and demand that they value it at a higher price tongue

Andy wrote:

The funniest parts on the Antiques Roadshow are when people bring in items which they think are worth a fortune, and have driven hundreds of miles to get it valued... only to find its worth absolutely nothing.

muahah :)

Haha, yeah. Thats why I watch it :)

We have something similar in Sweden called "Antikrundan".

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Even better tonight was the woman who received an item of furtniture as an inheritance without having a clue what she was getting. It was valued at £100,000.00

Antikrundan owns ;D

12 (edited by Joey 2004-03-01 18:27)

Antiques Roadshow > Antikrundan > * > Cash in the Attic

That show is great. Even with a new host.